Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Chest Pain after manual Labour

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
I am stuck in a situation where I deal with Generalized Anxiety Disorder along with Social anxiety disorder and manic depression. I am 350 lbs, 5'10" a Smoke, and a Fast Food Junky.

Here is my situation, recently I am moving and am under alot of pressure to get this done in less then a week, while I also have to work all week 8am-4pm.

Yesterday I got a taste of manual labour for the first time in a while after about 45 Minutes working I got a a very odd feeling in my chest, its not excruciating pain but more of a uncomfortableness from my left shoulder to my around leading down to the center of my chest, with mild back pain I had 2 periods of sharp pains in my jaws and My carpal tunnel which has not acted up on me in months all of a sudden is acting up and my hands are going numb. I talked to my wife and my mother and Although they were very concerned they had a feeling that it could just be anxiety as I was pretty worked up about the move yesterday during the work. I tried to rest and breathe right and the pay was still there ( At this time I am worried my thinking about it, is giving me a panic attack) My Grandmother suggested I try a baby aspirin and have a rest which I did and ended up witha 45 minute nap. When I woke from the nap I could still feel a "slight" discomfort in my chest area along my left should, but was easy to ignore.

Within 3 hours after that the Uncomfortableness became a little more harder to ignore, both sides of my Jaw felt like they tightened for a period of about 3-5 seconds and happened twice then again 15 minutes later once. Against my better judgement I just went to bed as I had work in a few hours. This morning the pain appears to be mild, and very easy to ignore.

My question is how do I determine what is what? I just keep telling myself its anxiety, but always in the back of my head I worry it could be more.

If I had a Heart attack, or any thing that affected my heart would I be in excruciating pain? as this was sore but mainly a really uncomfortable feeling. Is it possible that that it could be better this morning? or If it was something to do with my Heart my symptoms would carry on through out today as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- Boots
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2012
Also would like to add I have very bad breathing due to smoking / weight but my breathing was even worse last night (again, I was hoping is was just because I was doing work all day)
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
Boots, I suggest you read the Wikipedia entry for "Heart Attack" -- you'll be surprised to learn that many heart attacks have NO pain or other symptoms whatsoever. Given your profile (overweight, smoker, fatty diet, sedentary, stressed) you're at VERY high risk for a heart attack, and you may already have had one. Please see a doctor for an examination as soon as possible, as you are in clear and present danger.
|