Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest pain after first time smoking

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I tried smoking in february I have only ever smoked fifteen cigerettes in my entire life. In about march I started to get chest pains when I breathed in. These pains travel round my abdomen sometimes in my back and sometimes at the top of my chest, everyone is saying it's wind but I don't know what to think. I am scared I have emphysema or lung cancer or something like that. I am fifteen. HELP. the pains feel like someone is repeatedly poking me with a needle.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It is common to experience chest pains due to smoking cigarettes, in form of sharp chest pains that last only a few minutes.
They come from the build up of lactic acid in muscles due to muscle contraction from drugs (nicotine from cigarettes causes blood vessels constriction) that cause blood vessels to constrict and decrease blood supply to the chest wall muscles.
Smoking increases the heart rate, blood pressure and work load upon the heart, and this increased work produced by smoking, as well as the increase in concentration of carbon monoxide carried by the blood in place of oxygen, may be enough to produce chest pain.
You don't need to worry about possible lung cancer or emphysema after smoking only fifteen cigarettes.

Best wishes!
|
Did you find this post helpful?