Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest burns, Throat pain and headache while walking

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Hi I have been having an issue since a couple of years now. Whenever I walk or do any rigorous activity like playing basketball or exercising I feel a burning sensation in my chest with increasing throat pain which eventually turns into a headache. It only stops when i stop doing whatever it i'm doing and relax for 5 - 10 mins...I have noticed that it does not happen or is bearable when i'm hungry (Empty stomach)...but if I take a walk with a full stomach I cannot walk even a couple of hundred feet...Please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper vishalmahindra
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2012
You don't give your age, past history, habits, family history, weight, occupation, etc. Nevertheless, let me try to answer your question.
Esophageal reflux occurs with exercise and can result in a burning sensation in the chest which radiates up to the throat. You don't say why you can only walk a short distance after eating.
It is likely you have esophageal reflux, but one cannot rule out the possibility that some of the discomfort is from the heart. So check in with your physician and get the problem clarified.
Please be aware that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.