Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

chest/armpit pulsing pains

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
so I'm 25 years old and in pretty good health. I play basketball 3-4 times a week. About 4 months ago I started getting strange chest pains that came and went. It moved into my armpit gradually, with deep pulsing pains/feelings (almost like electric/numbness) that traveled into my back also. I tried changing my diet in fear it was heart related. I stopped drinking soda, eating fast-food, and just overall took better care of myself. The chest pains are almost gone (or at least weaker), but now I have a weird numbness in my left back/shoulder area which travels to my armpit and chest still. In all cases when I play basketball or am active, the pain/feeling goes away completely. Then about an hour or two later when I'm done, it slowly comes back. I'm getting pretty freaked out!! I do smoke 420 daily (no cigarettes) and drink maybe 2/3 times a week. Just wondering if anyone had a clue to what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|