Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

chest and back pain, swallow a lot, due to excess fluid

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
User Profile
I woke up early one morning about a month ago with severe chest pain that last only a minute or so, Then pain radiated into my shoulders, upper back and neck. Since then, I have had heartburn that radiates thru my upper back on a daily basis. I did see a Dr. an EKG was done and was fine. They put me on protonix but I have had no relief. I have even added zantac a few times trying to get relief, but with no relief. Even now, on an empty stomach I have chest and back pain. I do feel a like I have to swallow a lot, due to excess fluid in the back of my throat. I do not have any burning in my throat, or acid that actually comes up into my mouth, it's more like excess saliva in the back of my throat. I am concerned especially since I had breast cancer 3 yrs. ago and it was 6cm and triple negative. I did chemo and radiation and surgery. Could this be related or even gallbladder issues? Any advice?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2011
Acid Reflux Answer A27553
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

According to the symptoms described by you it does not seem to be related to breast cancer and possibility of excess acid being refluxed back or kidney/gall bladder issue can be suspected.If Protinox is not helping you then consider getting a USG scan done which would help in ruling out the cause.Kidney stones can also cause pain in shoulders and back.
You can visit a Physician and request for a Complete Blood work up along with USG scan so that a precise diagnosis can be made.Meanwhile drink lots of water and avoid spicy,fatty food intake.Have small meals frequently.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.