Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Chemical or metallic taste in mouth

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Over the last several month I have notice a chemical or metallic taste in my mouth. I especially notice it when eating. The only thing I noteable have changed is I drink coffee more regularly. I use to drink 1-2 cup a week now I drink 1-2 cups per day. Do you have any suggestions as to what can cause the taste in my mouth?

Thank you for your reply.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2009
Supporter
Hello and welcome..are you any medication.? as this can cause various mouth tastes as from mettalic to salty sensations in the mouth through the saliva. Have you been ill recently or a history of diabeties in the family? Ive never heard of coffee causing this but my advise to you is any worries at all regards this needs checking out by someone medical. In my own experience of the salty taste its causes by my medication of morphine patches and amytriptelene..the metallic i also experienced through anti imflamatories like voltarol. Our bodies all react to lots of different things maybe even to our diet or a routine gum infection when experienced from when eating..I wish you luck but do watch for other replies as its not uncommon. I hope maybe ive given you a few ideas that maybe never crossed your mind.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply