Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Charlie horses in legs

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I have been suffering like crazy for about 2 weeks now with nightly charlie horses in both legs. I do not drink, do drugs, or take any meds except the occasional Tylenol. I don't do anything different in the day to over exert myself so it is not that. I have had charlie horses in my legs before at night but now it is every night and so painful I have to wake my husband up to massage my legs for me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper cbeehn
|

replied July 11th, 2009
night time leg cramps
my husband has the same issue. we have found, if he keeps his potassium in take stable, no more leg cramps. We keep a bottle of potassium on hand for this reason. Might I suggest you add more potassium rich foods to you diet. A banana a day seems to keep his cramps at bay. During the summer months he adds an orange a day as well.

Good Luck..
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: tylenol, meds
Quick Reply