Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

change in body odour vaginal post menopausal

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
change in body odour vaginal post menopausal

i have noticed a change in body odour from vagina,its not bad smell just different and stronger,i had no symptons of menopause sailed through it,but since became post meno i noticed a slightly different non offensive odour all the time,i at first thought it was foods but its same small and i eat varied vegetarian diet its not infection so i guess irs normal but would love some advice on if im doing ok.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Altered vaginal smell, discomfort, itching etc could indicate possibility of vaginal infection. Infections can also become common due to pH change of the vaginal secretions. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination, vaginal swab/smear test, PAP smear test to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

|
Users who thank Madhumita Paul for this post: guinevere1 

replied February 26th, 2012
hi doctor i have no itching or any symptoms and my smear tests are clear,i read at post menopause due to lack of eostrogen that vaginal smell changes its been l ike it months now and am considering trying sage,black cohosh and evening promrose to see if it helps to boost estrogen and maybe smell will go its not offensive at all just strong almost like after you have eaten strong flavour foods if that makes sense .lol,my vagina is muchdryer and no discomfort im just embaressed in case hubby can smell it . i sailed through menopause didint even know about it til near end and only change is smell and no sex drive,i hope to get thatback,thanks so much xxxxxx
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.