Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

CFS diagnosis...now what?

Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
I am a 45 yr. old male in what I thought was good shape. I was just diagnosed with CFS and fibromyalga (sorry about the spelling)
I have been in pain since my mid twenties. I thought it was just work related, I worked in heavy building/construction. Just recently (last year and a half) I lost about 70% of my strength and my small motor functions in my hands(can't peel a potatoe)
so now My doctor has me taking Lyrica 75mg twice daily...it takes some of the aches away but not all the pain.
I have to say I laughed at the doctor when he said I had CFS, I told him I thought it was just a imaginary disease. what is my next step? am I supposed to just keep taking this med forever?

thanks and hello...I am new to this forum.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?