Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Cervical lymph nodules, sweats, weight loss, but no fever

Night sweats (every few days to weeks), weight loss (10-12 pounds) since 2008, cervical lymph nodules, but no fever. My doctor wants to do an open biopsy as a result of CT scan I had recently. I had a fine needle biopsy 4 years ago, came up negative. Is it possible to have lymphoma without fever? Also, is it possible that my lymph nodes are going nutso because of my long history of allergies and asthma? Wisdom teeth? Anything? Can I just do another fine needle instead of open biopsy? I don't like the idea of even a minor surgery.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2011
The answer to most of your questions is "yes."

Fine needle aspiration biopsy, unfortunately, does not always accurately rule-out lymphoma. Therefore, if your doctor is concerned that you might have lymphoma, then an open lymph node biopsy may be appropriate.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied May 1st, 2011
Bummer, I was hoping you'd say, "No way can you have lymphoma without a fever. Stop being such a worrywart!" Is there something else I can do besides an open biopsy?
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Fever?
Yes you can have Lymphoma without a fever. My friend has MALT Lymphoma for several years and has never had a fever. It just spread into her stomach/face/neck and she still doesn't have a fever.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.