Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Cervical cancer

Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....
Hi I had a cervical biopsy 6 month ago and the doctor told me it was mild change and I would have to come back in 6 months. So I have went back and had to get another biopsy the doctor that was doing the test said I have mild change again. I have not got my test result back yet but I am going crazy trying to figure out if I have cervical cancer or not.Also since my biopsy I have had pretty bad lower stomach pain and it has been a week and I am still spotting but it the blood does not look like period blood it is light pink.Could someone please help me understand what is going on. I would also like to know what will happen next if it comes back as mild change again.
thanks
Courtney
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2010
Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what your biopsy results will show, and so you will have to await those results to learn whether or not you have cervical cancer.

It is not unusual to spot for several days, or even a couple of weeks, after a cervical biopsy. If the spotting persists longer than this, or worsens, then you should see the Gynecologist who performed the biopsy.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.