Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Certain HIV positive, but negative tests (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I know now 100 percent that I have HIV even though my antibody test is negative. I have been through night sweats, weight loss , abdominal pains a few months ago. Shortly after that I developed shingles, which after about a month and a half my wife also got for the first time in BOTH our lives after me being so sick with other symptoms. Now my throat is so sore I feel like it has shards of glass in it and there is a large white spot on my right tonsil that is swollen along with a smaller one on my left tonsil. My doctor gave me three different antibiotics all of which have had no effect. I am seriously in pain and am getting worse and I know its HIV but my doctor won't help me as my antibody test comes back negative. The only possible risk I had was 33 weeks ago. I think I have late stage HIV or AIDS from like 6 or 7 years ago and my immune system is too weak to show antibodies. I am begging for help, I don't know what to do next but I know I have HIV, please someone offer me some advice or help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Depressedman
|
Users who thank soc3r for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied May 2nd, 2010
I know exactly what you are talking about, read my story 3 lives in danger in the I''m positive I''m positive forum at thebody.com, there is something going on here and I can''t get any answers and find myself in the same situation with doctors because all antibody tests are negative.
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Did you have a fever? I am scared I might have HIV as I had all or most of your symptoms plus recently a low grade persistent fever which comes and goes. I am scared to test as if I have HIV I would be an embarrassment to my family and my mom would be so ashamed of me
|

replied August 16th, 2013
Hey Guys tellme whats going 3 months ago I had brief unprotected sex with a casual sex worker 3 days later I started getting tingling and wave fellings down my body followed by this real weird brain fog feeling (derealization) wich still continues today , as well as severe headaches and nausea I had a hiv n blood test done at 6 weeks came back negative I then developed night sweets and body aches aswell as tingling in my feet was tested again at 12 and 14 weeks come back negative so I have no idea what is happening also developed shooting pains under my arm and a checK infection around the 12 week mark but I Am unsure what is happening has anyone else experienced this only to be told they are neagative for HIV ??
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
HTLV
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied May 4th, 2010
I am in the same situation.My test at 25 weeks after my unprotected sex was: negative.Syphilis was also negative at 6 months.

but I have still symptoms: I have mouth ucer, which last 11 months.
|
Users who thank Manocska for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied May 5th, 2010
Same here story here. Mouth ulcers, sore lymph nodes, abdominal pains and negative HIV tests. The more I read about it, the more people I find experiencing these symptoms. And despite the obvious physical manifestations of a compromised immune system our doctors keep telling us just to relax and go back to living normally. How can I relax when Candida infections are not normal to last months on end, lymph nodes are not supposed to hurt for such prolonged period of time and constant sore throats are a little strange.
There is an obvious deterioration of the immune system despite the fact that labs are not able to produce results to confirm it.
I personally think it’s a virus similar to that of HIV. Scientists in the US have linked the newly retrovirus XMRV to a sickness similar to ours. Unfortunately, since October of 2009 when the US scientists linked this virus to a condition akin to that of ours, there hasn’t been much progress.
|
Users who thank akatalixia for this post: ChelseaSmile  TonyDewitt 

replied May 5th, 2010
Interesting
That is very interesting, I''m just sick and tired of hearing it is all in your head. What a load of BS. It must be a contagious mental disorder, because it is in my wife and daughters head too. ALL of us have wierd symptoms. Thank you for the information.
|
Users who thank ChristMoses2505 for this post: mermaid1  TonyDewitt 

replied May 16th, 2010
where do we go from here?
I know I have HIV, I can't take much more of this
|
Users who thank soc3r for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied May 18th, 2012
Experienced User
Hey bro any update on how your doing? You started the trhead give us dome input.. Thanx
|

replied June 7th, 2010
I had labs on immune system as well. 1318 CD4, 9.2 WBC, and a CD4 percentage of 46%, and CD4/CD8 ratio was normal. So although symptoms are similiar to that of hiv. Antibody and viral tests negative and even tests not looking for hiv, but checking my immune system show everything normal. So what is causing all these weird symptoms?
|
Users who thank ChristMoses2505 for this post: TonyDewitt  mouse888 

replied June 7th, 2010
This was close to the six year mark after my possible exposure. The doctor said if I had hiv for the last six years my CD4 count would be in the toilet. I looked at a graph that shows normal progression of hiv. Normally a person with hiv for six years would have a CD4 count around 300, so I don't know what's going on.
|
Users who thank ChristMoses2505 for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied June 9th, 2010
im having the same scenario here, i had a risk 2 yrs ago ever since then i have tested 3 different times last test was his last april (all negative result) i still have a bunch of symps i dont know what to do next... i think it's time to make an appointment with a infectologist they know the ins and the out of hiv
|
Users who thank hellothere27 for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied April 14th, 2011
have you find out what is wrong?
|
Users who thank knght882 for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied April 22nd, 2011
Any update ??
Hey Guys ,
I am in the same boat as you . after 4 years with all those weird symptoms . and I believe I passed to some other people too , my girl friends ,since I was assuming I am negative . what a F.. situation!!!!
|
Users who thank mitm for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied February 14th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi, new to the forum here just wanted to let you know I know I know exactly what every one is going through here. I had an exposure almost 3 months ago I have every symptom u can think of soar throat, swollen lymph nodes ,feels like spleen and liver are swollen because I can't sleep on either side, thrush, body itching, muscle and joint pains, skin feels burning and itchy, molluscum, ect. I have done 3 antibody tests 2,3, and 10 weeks the 10 week test was a home access test all negative I don't know what's going on here i plan on testing again at 12 weeks which is Friday which would be day 84. I'm scared I've infected my wife also because she is feeling alot of the same things I told her about my exposure and she has forgiven me she tested at 8 weeks after we had sex and it was negative. Any advice anyone out there I would appreciate it. I'm praying for you all, I don't think ive ever been so scared.
|
Users who thank Scared49 for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied April 4th, 2012
Experienced User
I truly know and understand what all of you are going thru. It's been a little over 13 months I had unprotected sex, and I started to get symptoms of hiv. Now, it's like I've had almost every symptom of hiv. I've been tested 5 times within 13 months, and every time it has came back negative. I took an oral test at 3 months, blood test at 8 months, another oral test at 11 and 12 months, then another test done by blood at 13 months....Negative every time, but yet the other day they confimed that I have thrush on my tounge, but yet it's been there since Aug. of last year. I still don't know what all that means. If you believe in God, and the power of prayer, we need Him, and I'll be praying for all of you in hopes that we get our life back, and find out what this is...God Bless You
|
Users who thank Dalton76 for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied April 19th, 2012
Hi... u all people are suffering from a mental disorder called hypochondrisis.Reas about this disorder u will know better.U are all hiv negative means that u have no hiv in ur body.U are free to enjoy your life.Night sweats because of ur anxiety neurosis.Dont waste ur lives many people like u undergo this trauma.Only 10% of the people come out to be positive out of all tested.Its not that easy to catch that dreadful disease.Its sexual exposure rate is only 0.1% compared to blood transfusion of 90%.Be free
|

replied February 14th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi, new to the forum here just wanted to let you know I know I know exactly what every one is going through here. I had an exposure almost 3 months ago I have every symptom u can think of soar throat, swollen lymph nodes ,feels like spleen and liver are swollen because I can't sleep on either side, thrush, body itching, muscle and joint pains, skin feels burning and itchy, molluscum, ect. I have done 3 antibody tests 2,3, and 10 weeks the 10 week test was a home access test all negative I don't know what's going on here i plan on testing again at 12 weeks which is Friday which would be day 84. I'm scared I've infected my wife also because she is feeling alot of the same things I told her about my exposure and she has forgiven me she tested at 8 weeks after we had sex and it was negative. Any advice anyone out there I would appreciate it. I'm praying for you all, I don't think ive ever been so scared.
|

replied August 5th, 2013
Scared49 did you ever figure out what was wrong
|

replied February 16th, 2012
Experienced User
scared, maybe you have infectious mononucleosis,read about it in net also it is transfer by kissing.or you feel guilty maybe u get depressed .
|

Experienced User
I read everything I can think of, I also been having night sweats, headaches, dizzines my throat has white spots and now tonsil stones
|

Experienced User
tonsil stone occur in chronic tonsillitis,night sweat can occurs in several diseases like tuberculosis,if u have HIV u should be in asymptomatic period now,so according to your symptoms u have bacterial infection
do these test
1_CBC
2_ESR
GOOD LUCK
|

replied February 17th, 2012
Not alone
I just wanted to join the conversation. I'm also going through this hell of not knowing what's wrong. I had a potential exposure a year and a half ago. I came down with a bad psoriasis outbreak, night sweats, diarrhea for months on end, weird boils, the list goes on. My wife as well. What's this all about? Two people getting psoriasis at the same time who have never had it before is strange in itself. After that it has been all downhill. Extreme dry skin, thrush, fatigue, malaise, etc. I've had over ten HIV tests including a PCR DNA and a NAT test when I did my bi-annual blood donation. I became extremely paranoid a week after my donation and told the bank to discard my blood. My last test negative was 15 months post exposure.

You guys are not alone.
|
Users who thank timmyB50 for this post: TonyDewitt 

replied February 18th, 2012
Experienced User
Well I got my 12 week (84) day test back Negative I did another home access test I'm wondering the accuracy of these tests. There are just too many symptoms pointing to late stage HIV infection. I can't even sleep on my sides got dry mouth when I lay down at night my hands and feet get numbness and tingling sensations. ( neuropathy)? And as far as my sides ( lymphoma)? My spine also hurts my knees I mean all of this just 12 weeks post exposure. I mean is my immune system that weak? I don't see my doc for 2 more weeks I just dont what to make of all this.
|

replied February 18th, 2012
Experienced User
timmy; what is the relationship between psoriasis and HIV ?no any relationship between them,and i want you to know psoriasis not contagious .for sure u don't have HIV.timmy see the doctor of internal medicine ,and psychologist about your symtoms.

scared ;late stage of HIV need at least 5 years after exposure.you are 95% negative,do the antibody test after 3 months if negative be sure u don't have HIV.as i told you do complete blood count test (CBC).
|

replied July 25th, 2013
I am a patient from China. I was infected last month.There are many patient in China . We ask the government for help ,but there is no answer,I hope you can organize the patient to report the disease to the government of your country .Thanks !
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Experienced User
Well my 91 day test also negative still have spine and knee joint pain and what I know is molluscum on my face. I don't know how this could not be HIV. I go to the dr. Friday I'm gonna have him test me again so I will find out just how accurate these home access tests are I've done 3 of them 10,12, and 13 weeks post exposure.
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Experienced User
congratulation man
I am happy for you .no need for further inverstigation,now you have obsessive compulsive disorder .
enjoy your life
|