Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Certain HIV positive, but negative tests, PART TWO (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
Apparently the original post is maxed out at 969 entries, so I'm starting this post so that the discussion can continue:

Certain HIV positive, but negative tests, PART TWO
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile TonyDewitt
|

replied August 12th, 2012
Good idea Tony, inform all other guys about the new link.
|

Experienced User
Hi all
I have the same problems
Had a broken condom with a csw who tested negative for hiv antibodies and 2 or 3 weeks later had unprotected oral sex with a normal girl.

the weeks after I had
Diarhrea
Weird flashes
Headache
Tired
Swollen lymphnodes neck and groin 2cm
Weird rash
Some kind of wrats all over my body
Mouth wounds
Tongue hurt fast
A mild sore throat when inside but when I went outside it hurt
Fever feeling no temperature
Very weird dreams and thoughts
Feel week
Had a day were I couldnt walk straight because of bowel pains

Now 3 months after the last oral sex I still have
swollen lymphnodes
Tired
Weak
Infection in hair pockets on legs
Weird thoughts when trying to sleep like trying to think about me driving a elephant and than minutes later I am thinking about dishwasher for example. Ive no idea how I got to that thought afterwards
Lump in throat for 3 months now hard to swallow and dry throat
Feel my vision got worse
Lot of acid coming to my throat

I tested negative for all stds 5 weeks after oral sex and hiv duo came back negative
bloodwork came back normal 5 weeks after
hiv duo came back negative 6 weeks after
bloodwork came back normal 11 weeks after
hiv duo came back almost 12 weeks after

Ive no idea what is going on
Does anyone have this as well? What should I do
Dr dont believe me and blame it to anxiety

Also tested negative for toxoplasmosis and ebv
|

Experienced User
Also lightheaded and very dizy when standing up
|

replied August 13th, 2012
Experienced User
It's very hard to have something in your system that you nor any doctors can figure out. If it's something treatable, it will only get worst each day because we don't know what to treat.

I'm just hoping the best for everyone.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks Ustas for your good words - we are all in this together, and hopefully by God we will figure this out together and be back to our original health.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The FDA is close to approving Tofacitinib for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), but more importantly, the drug has been shown to be effective again BOTH disorders caused by HTLV, ATL and HAM (see article below). Therefore HTLV sufferers can tell their doctors "I have have arthritis" and receive actual treatment for their suffering!

A Role for Tofacitinib Within the Treatment of ATL and HAM/TSP:
The chemistry technology section at NCGC has aided the Waldmann lab (NCI) in using a Jak3 inhibitor for the potential treatment of ATL and HAM/TSP. The retrovirus, human T cell lymphotrophic virus-1 (HTLV-I) is the etiologic agent of adult T cell leukemia (ATL) and the neurological disorder, HTLV-I-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP). The HTLV-I encoded protein tax constitutively activates IL-2, IL-9 and IL-15 autocrine/paracrine systems, that in turn, activate the Jak3/STAT5 pathway, suggesting a therapeutic strategy that involves targeting Jak3.
|

replied August 14th, 2012
Experienced User
This is really scaring me. Ive no goal in my life anymore I feel awful and no one believes me in my personal life. The doctors blame I on anxiety. How can anxiety cause a mild sore throat for 3 months and swollen lymphnodes. Ive never had swollen lymph nodes.

One question for you people do you think 5 week hiv duo 6 week hiv duo and 11 weeks hiv duo after oral sex and 15 weeks after broken condom make me conclusive not having hiv?

Best wishes to you all
|

replied August 14th, 2012
Experienced User
Also my dr doesnt want to hear from me anymore for at least a month.
What should I do I want to get tested for htlv and other things as well but I cant go to the hospital without a refer from my dr.
|

replied August 15th, 2012
Experienced User
Hey Tony, I don't agree and I don't disagree with you about this HTLV, cause I don't know. What I do know is that I have talked to a lot of professionals, and hotlines, and they told me that HIV can take a year or longer for antibodies to show up, and they also said the reason why they don't talk about it that it can take that long is because it's rare but it has happened. Plus this one Dr. said that it don't take more than 3 months after exposer. So, really I just don't know who to believe
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Dalton,

I'm glad that you are at least willing to consider HTLV - you do not have HIV, no way, no how. I know this is like we are living in some bizarre nightmare, since the medical establishment and government deny that HTLV is a real disease, yet can't tell us what's wrong with us. AdviseMe & I have been researching treatments for HTLV, and the ones we've come up with include hyperthermia (heating the body), some experimental drugs (BMS-345541 and Purvalanol-A), the Bioniz drug in development for HAM, and Azacytidine (a cancer drug). When I realized that Tofacitinib works against HTLV (and HAM & ATL), and that it's about to be approved for Arthritis, I saw that as our big break. If any of us start taking Tofacitinib and feel better, then we've proven that our problem is an autoimmune / inflammation condition (either caused by HTLV or something else). Again, there's no way that this is HIV - the entire group of us must have taken 100 HIV tests by now, AND we're beyond everyone's HIV window periods.

If we are going to beat this thing, we should all go on the Tofacitinib and see if we feel better. For some people with great health insurance like DFrank, this should be easy, but for some of us, this could be hard. If this works as far as resolving our suffering, we could be known the first group in history that took Tofacitinib to successfully treat HTLV. Personally I can't wait - my back and legs are killing me, and I know it's just a matter of time before I am in a wheelchair.

Best wishes.
|

Experienced User
Hey guys! I just got all of my STD results a few mins. ago, and it all showed up negative, except for genital herpes. That's the only thing that showed up positive. So I don't know. Hopefully that's the only thing wrong, but once you have it, you still have it for life
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Dalton,

Congratulations on your negative tests - what tests were performed?

How were you tested for herpes? By blood?

There's a supplement called Lysine that works well against herpes, it's sold a vitamin stores, give it a try.

Best wishes.
|

Experienced User
yes, they tested by blood, they tested me for chlamydia, genital herpes, hepatitis B & C, gonorrhea, and hiv. It might have been more, I don't know. Those are the ones that I know of. Thank you Tony. I just hope that's the only thing wrong, and I hope that the presciption works. There is no cure, is there?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You're welcome Dalton - if they treat you early enough with valcyclivor, that usually resolves the infection to the point that you don't have to worry about future outbreaks. If you are on antiviral medication, make sure you take it on schedule and don't miss any doses, that's very important. Not having any future outbreaks is the same as a cure in my opinion Smile

After your prescription is done, try the Lysine.

Best wishes.
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
I just saw on the MedHelp forum that someone named JoeyK11 wrote in asking the doctors about HTLV, and quoted the same article by Sadowsky on TheBody site that says that HTLV antibodies could take years to develop. The MedHelp doctor wrote back that the Sadowsky article is "out of date" and that current HTLV tests are conclusive at 3 months. I replied to the article thanking both of them for discussing HTLV, I hope that doesn't get me thrown off of there for the THIRD TIME.

Best wishes.
|

replied November 8th, 2012
medhelp is the worst place ever to look for an advice. anyone who states that "oral sex is no risk" (even if ejaculation is present) has zero credibility for me.
|

replied August 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
Guess the forums back up:) I think we definitely have a virus that causes autoimmune and inflammation, but don't know if it's htlv or some new kind of virus. But hang in there guys! Msa, I've had some of your symptoms ecspecially the dizziness and lightheadedness, and stomach and gut problems. Mine have got a lot better, but not totally gone. I can still tell there is something not right, but my quality of life had improved, and I was down and out with no hope, but now am much better.
|

replied August 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
I know that my genital herpes came back positive, but what doesn't make any sense is that I looked it up, and none of the symptoms matches mine, and everything that I've gone thru, and still going thru. Still have unexplained questions. So, where do I go from here? I just have a feeling that it's more than just genital herpes.
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
dfrank,

Yes, we have something that is causing autoimmune inflammation. Because Tofacitinib specifically blocks the inflammation messenger JAK, it is being used for arthritis, psoriasis, colitis, and organ transplant rejection. I am going to find an arthritis doctor who will prescribe Tofacitinib to me, it is expected to be formally approved on November 21, 2012.

Dalton,

I agree with you that this is more than just a herpes infection. People can get sick from lots of things, but for the illness to be as long term as it is with us, there's something more serious going on. My main concern is that if this is HTLV, HAM & ATL can occur; HAM can result in becoming wheelchair bound, and ATL can result in death from a rapid leukemia. If you're really asking where to go from here, I would say the HTLV PCR test is the thing to do - that was the only way that Alberto from Italy has been diagnosed, he was infected for seven years, and has given it to his wife & child. They were suffering with HAM, but now last week he contacted me to say that he's got MF, which is a HTLV related leukemia involving the skin. Let's be honest, people with HIV make it longer than seven years without leukemia / lymphoma, so relatively speaking, this is worse than HIV. At the risk of sounding like a nag, I am going to ask the whole group to get the PCR test for HTLV, both now and on a periodic basis.

Best wishes.
|

replied August 24th, 2012
Hello Guys,

How are you these days? Guys did you consider Chinese HIV/AIDS-like virus? It might be the cause of our illness. I found this information from the web.

https://sites.google.com/site/newhivaidsli keviruschina/home
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
I posted the entire article on that on the other forum post.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
GetItRight77,

It's time for you to GET IT RIGHT - HIV testing is accepted as conclusive when the HIV antibody test is taken AFTER the THREE MONTH WINDOW. If you're up to date about HIV, then listen for a change.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Nope, P24 disappears "beyond", you need to learn how to read a graph.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Nope, you can't read a graph, P24 goes down after initial infection, get some reading glasses.
|