Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

ceoliac disease and smelly anal leakage

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
so about 8 months ago i had ecoli poisoning, since then i suffered witha smelly anus and n matter how many times i shower iy comes back.
so i had a colonoscipy and an endoscipy and it turns out i have ceoliacs disease
i have change my diet, i am very physically active and in good shape.
i am only 22 and this smelly bum problem is humiliating as you can imagine
and my self esteem has taken a massive hit .
now i am extreamly frustrated because i cant eat anything with gluten or lactose so im eating really healthy but i still stink!
any ideas???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2012
is there some kind of medication that gets rid of the smell and the problem itself? Speak to your GP about it and see what they recommend if they haven't already done so.

Also it could be an STI, you dont necessarily need to have intercourse to contract it, you might catch it from using public toilets etc.

When you go to the toilet, try to wash yourself with clean water from a muslim shower hose because this will clean the area and then just wipe. Its much better than just wiping alone, and carry a packet of wet wipes with you just incase.

It could also be an infection which could easily be treated with anti-biotics.

Im not a doctor, but have studies medicine a bit, these are just suggestions but i strongly recommend a trip to the doctor for better medical advise.

Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?