Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Causes of incontinence during sex

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I asked about the peeing during orgasm and was told that it could be the weakness of pelvic floor muscles when under certain stresses--- So my question now is--- I've had a vaginal reconstruction done 2 years ago. I had rectocele & vagicele repair and the bladder tied up to prevent the incontinence that women get after childbirth. And I do kiegel exercises quite often. Would you still think that i'd have pelvic floor weekness? Also if you have a UTI would that be a possible cause of some incontinence during sex?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2008
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A4829
You wrote:” List of other diseases, conditions, or injuries and their treatment: Bipolar - Depakote, Hypothyroidism- levothyrexene,
Question: I asked about the peeing during orgasm and was told that it could be the weakness of pelvic floor muscles when under certain stresses--- So my question now is--- I've had a vaginal reconstruction done 2 years ago. I had rectocele & vagicele repair and the bladder tied up to prevent the incontinence that women get after childbirth. And I do kiegel exercises quite often. Would you still think that i'd have pelvic floor weekness? Also if you have a UTI would that be a possible cause of some incontinence during sex?”

Given the information you provided (from your previous question, previous existence of rectocele & vagicele), there might be a possibility that you still have pelvic floor weakness, despite the repair. Most doctors and researchers agree that a UTI can cause the urge to urinate, but the incontinence should appear all the time and not only during sex. You might want to consult an OBGYN to determine what is the real cause.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.