Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

caught wife purging

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I't took me 5 years to figure out my wifes habbit,which is going to the washroom every time she eats and hearing the toilet flushing few times,It began one time when I heard her vomit and confronted her later about this .She denied it and thought I was crazy.This went on for years But I let it go.Finally I noticed this same routine so I finally had to spy on her and I was right, she was purging here food over the toilet.I was mad I how can I confront her on this.She would be devasted and in denial.This would probably cause tension in our marrige What sould I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Do you live in a city or near to a treatment center for eating disorders? You can call them and ask for help confronting her. IF you think it's affecting her life and are scared for her life, you can arrange an "intervention". The ultimate goal is that she seek treatment for the disease of addiction...but if she's not ready for it and is still in denial, there is nothing that you can really do to help, unfortunately. DO you want help finding a treatment center?
|

Thanks
Yes I do live in the city and I do want to help her.It hasn't affected our lives yet only knowing what she's doing,I just don't know how to explain to her on how I found out and how she will take it. Thank for your reply.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
If you can provide me with the name of the city you live in, I can help you find services that will direct you to the next step.
|

Hamilton , Ont. You think I should wait awile to see if things get worse or see if she losing alot of wait? She eats healthy and exercise moderatly. This habbit or addiction has to do to maintain her wait.
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2008
Experienced User
Found a directory of eating disorder clinics in Hamilton and for all Canadian territories. I suggest that you contact any of these programs and direct your questions to the professionals in charge. To be honest, I don't have too much experience confronting someone who is actively participating in addictive behavior, so you'd be better to talk with someone with more experience who has the answers to your questions. Does that help?

http://www.canadadrugrehab.ca/Eating-Disor der-Treatment.html
http://www.mhsio.on.ca/DART/owalive/mhsio_ dir_multi_v2.municipality_check?v_any_name =Any+Name&v_lhin=All&v_municipalit y=All+of+Ontario&v_psc=All&v_speci fic=Eating+Disorder+Clients
|

replied October 9th, 2008
thanks
thanks.
|

replied November 16th, 2008
another bulimic wife keeping secrets)
if you was my husband i would be embarassed ,hurt and shocked that you'd spy but if you express your understanding your love and care and need to help me instead of anger i guess id be o.k as long as you follow through try to understand and do help me.(another bulimic wife keeping secrets,been bulimic 16 years it almost killed me)
|