Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Casein lead to clogged milk ducts ?

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
I have been breast feeding my daughter for 3 months and have had an unusually high number of clogged milk ducts. I'm drinking Herbalife "Nutritional Shake Mix" and "Ensure" three times daily, both of which list Casein or "Milk Protein Concentrate" as a main ingredient. My question is can this intake of large quantities of Casein make my own breast milk coagulate and clot more easily and therefore lead to this high number of clogged milk ducts? This is an important question for me because I want to continue to breast feed but the clogged ducts, engorgement and resultant Mastitis makes it very painful and difficult. My other question is how much if any Casein might my baby be receiving through my breast milk? Her father has a Gluten and Casein allergy and she has shown some allergic reactions to Cow's milk the couple of times she was unfortunately given formula. Any other ideas on diet and clogged milk ducts are welcomed!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I moved this to parenting, I thought you might get more answers there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?