(I'll go ahead and say it; I waited way too long to get my exhaust looked at)
My car has had an exhaust leak that has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of months. It's been so bad for the past month or so, that after driving for about 15 or 20 minutes, my eyes start stinging and I can smell...even taste it. I've even seen "smoke" come out of my vent when I turn the heat on. I noticed that the underside of the hood is covered in black exhaust soot; it's supposed to be a red hood, but the exhaust has turned it completely black. I reasearched the dangers of CO poisoning and was disturbed to see that memory loss is a common symptom. The past couple of months, it's like I have no short term memory. Everyone has noticed; I'll leave the keys on the outside of my car door not realizing it, I forget what I said just minutes and/or seconds ago (literally), and my speech has become fragmented because I space out when talking. My eyes can no longer focus in one spot; my vision is off to where my spatial awareness is lacking....can't describe how... and I just feel...off.
Have I likely ingested large amounts of carbon monoxide?