Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Cant Take a Deep Breath

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
I have had a problem were i cant breathe and it hurts my rib cages to where i cant do anything and they feel restricted. There are sharp pain in my side, and i cant move sometimes. I know its not asthma. I get short breaths and sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night/early morning because i cant breathe or i get sharp pains in my sides and rib cages, im lacking in rest, and im always tired. I'm never satisfied with any breaths that i take, and deep breaths are a difficult challenge for me, and i feel i cant overcome that challenge. I feel that my ribs are too close to each other, when i bend to a certain point. They rub against each other and it is an excruciating pain. I played sports since i was young and it hasn't affected me until now, im always use to being active, and now that i currently quit SOME of my sports its hard for me to breathe, and i loose breathe even walking up the stairs to my bedroom.

Please help me.

Alyssa.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Are you experiencing a dull ache or sharp, stabbing pain in the sternum and around the sternum or below the ribs that is worsened by coughing, deep inspiration, or movement?
Do you think about chest tightness, when you say feeling restricted?
Are you going through period of excessive tiredness and sleepiness?
Do you usually cough and wheeze?
|

replied July 31st, 2008
i get sharp, stabbing pain, and i do have chest tightness.
No its just constantly.
And i do cough alot even when im not having those symptoms.
I do wheeze only when i can't breathe.
Plus im 16 and my parents don't have insurance nor believe me.
|

replied July 31st, 2008
Replyy cont.
I yawn when i cant take a full out deep breathe.

my ribs feel short of breathe.
i have had to quit sports cause of it.
|

replied July 31st, 2008
It is below my ribs.
|

replied August 1st, 2008
RE:MandMs
MandMs wrote:
Are you experiencing a dull ache or sharp, stabbing pain in the sternum and around the sternum or below the ribs that is worsened by coughing, deep inspiration, or movement?
Do you think about chest tightness, when you say feeling restricted?
Are you going through period of excessive tiredness and sleepiness?
Do you usually cough and wheeze?

i get sharp, stabbing pain, and i do have chest tightness.
No its just constantly.
And i do cough alot even when im not having those symptoms.
I do wheeze only when i can't breathe.
Plus im 16 and my parents don't have insurance nor believe me.
I yawn when i cant take a full out deep breathe.
my ribs feel short of breathe.
i have had to quit sports cause of it.
It is below my ribs.
|