Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

cant stay up with a condom on

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
hi i would like to know why i cant stay hard when i put a condom on this never happen to me just started happening is there something wrong with me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 5th, 2009
no
no its normal did it ONLY happen once?
if your hard and then you put one on maybe your not use to a condom or something but no matter what its normal, your not in danger or unhealthy im sure
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
try a different comdom
Try different comdoms. U might be having a reaction to the chemicals in it. Try a non-lube one.
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2009
This is common
my ex boyfriend had the same problem he would be hard and all of a sudden once he saw the condom he seemed to distruct. this brought nothing but sadness in me.. Its simple you know in your head that the condom will not be the same as with out one.. No matter what WEAR IT.. You need to concentrate on having the pleasure on having sex. You should also try the girl put it on u instead of you. Her hands might help you while messaging your penis.
|

replied May 6th, 2014
This was the reason u dumped him
|

replied August 9th, 2009
Maybe it's just the size of the condom...
This post is a tad old... but here goes anyway. A few years ago, I had a similar problem and it all but brought me to tears. After starting over from a relationship that lasted almost a decade (with my partner using only IUDs), I used condoms to protect myself and found that I'd perform terribly.

I'd go from rock solid to wiggly soft within moments of putting-on a condom... and efforts to revive my erection only lasted briefly. I thought my problem was related to stress or anxiety... but it simply turned out to be the size of condoms that I used.

A spoke to a friend and pharmacist discretely one night and bought a bigger size based on her suggestion. I always thought condoms were made with a "one size fits all" approach and I was wrong. With the bigger size, my performance was much better. I was able to mainitain an erection and perform satisfactorily (in my opinion). So maybe all you need is a bigger size.

If you go soft before youput it on, then the problem may be psychological. If this helps, please post a reply so that others will be helped as well.

Good luck!
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Total Shock, never happened before
I never had this happen before, and I've only used condoms, so I'm in complete confusion right now. I was hard throughout nearly 3 hours of fourplay, then within seconds rolling the condom on, it just went dead. I already use larger condoms, so it's not from that. I was completely attracted to the person I was with, so it wasn't an attraction issue. I was more shocked than embarrassed. However, I would love to hear from anyone who has had this problem, and found a solution to it. I'm completely confused by it personally.
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
no erection with condom at all
I have the same problem especially now that I'm in my 40s. It's even worse. It's also psychological but it seems now once it's happened, I can't turn it back. It's a vicious cycle. It seems the only way to cure it is to have amnesia or something. The most frustrating problem I've ever had in my life. Terrible.
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
might want to consider anal if ok with partner
|

replied July 27th, 2011
sad
hi..i notice that i wont be able to perform at all while using a condom. i erect normally but fit in to a condom i would lost my erection in no time. and all this while i thought it was of health problem. this post brings a little relief to me. but could anyone tell me that a larger condom will definitely help???
|

replied July 27th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, I don't believe there is such a thing, fact is one size fits all
have u ever seen someone blow up a condom like a balloon because u can fit it over your head
so u will need to look to more realistic common sense answers
good luck
|

replied April 22nd, 2012
Reasonable Explanation!
The brutally honest truth of the matter is,condoms are vitally important for the prevention of disease and birth control.Unfortunately,condoms do not work for everyone.They tend to block the nerve endings in the head of the penis and induce a psychological fear of not being able to perform due to lack of reasonable sensation,which causes the penis to go limp.I know that this does not happen to everyone,but it happens to some. Rather the cause is psychological,hormonal,or what not,is not actually clear.Try using a penis ring which will solidify your erection and help keep it up when you apply condom.
|

replied October 27th, 2012
hello everyone..m 24 and was doind reasonably well on bed with my partner since last 3 yrs. once she asked me to wear a condom for general protection and i used.for the first 1-2 times of use everythng was fine.but to my complete surprise now a days i cant stay erect for minutes and evn though i try hard to revive my erectness after tht i fail. this never happend to me earlier when i was not using a condom and used to perform fantastic.my penis used to stay erect for complete2 hrs atleast.bt now m confused and afraid.
|

replied May 27th, 2013
Hi! I have the same problem. I'm going to see a hypnotherapist. It is obviously a psychological thing. I know there is nothing wrong with me but something isn't quite right in my mind. Maybe when I tried a condom on a young boy and found it to be much to big, (especially as I didn't have an erection) it has scared me emotionally. It could be that I think of sex as a very natural act and find condoms to be something very unnatural. It will be very embarrassing for me to have to tell someone every detail, but if it helps me forever then it's worth it.

Lube has helped me in the past. I have found that the fear/panic/anxiety can sometimes pass if I continue with intercourse and my erection returns. Maybe this will be hard to understand, but if you are losing your erection during intercourse then try pulling out before it happens and totally ending that session. I don't mean wait for the panic to start to set in, but before. This way you would have had sex many times without incident. Your partner would have to be understanding and patient. There are other ways you could satisfy each other during this process.
|

replied April 15th, 2014
Cond omo hate
Happy to read I am not the only one. In my 40's and very active sexually, i've suddenly come across a situation where i just lose my erection as soon as I see the condom. It was never like that before...

I'll be trying buying a bigger size condom. I heard this explanation before and it is tru that nowadays I have more difficulties roling the codom down. My penis is regular size and hasn't grown (18cms), so maybe condoms are smaller now than they used to be... donno. If that doesn't work, I'll just try masturbating with a condom and stick to the same brand. How is this for a hi fidelity campaign ? "get used and stick to your condoms... or else".

Cheers.
|

replied June 4th, 2014
I had the same issue. Bareback (without condom) I could last an hour or more and I had a long term relationship that, with her tubes tied, we never had to worry about birth control.

Try putting some water based lube on the foreskin and head of the penis and have the girl put the condom on you. I also had to get Magnum THINS, as I was above average in girth. Another reason I failed. My condoms were too small.

Then I masturbated with the condom and lube on to get used to it as practice. I came many times in the condom.

Before all this, I could stay erect for about 10 minutes and them with different positions I would go soft due to lack of sensation in the condom. Seeing the girl on you was not enough. The girl could always get me up with oral. When the condom went on, 10 minutes, flat.

After her oral I am trying a simple cockring to help keep the erection with the condom.

Surprising how many have issues with this.
|
Quick Reply