Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cancer in the Spine

Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....
My Mom is 79 has Dementia. 6 wks ago she was in immense pain then 24 hrs later paralyzed from waist down.....the MRI has shown Cancer in the Spine in the nerves.
How long do you last at this point??? She is still eating and not in pain. She is recieving Tylenol in the Hospital and seems comfortable. Awaiting Nursing Home so I wonder about how long will she have???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2010
Unfortunately, although every patient with a terminal illness, and their family members, want to know the answer to this question, it is impossible to know how long any patient will live with any certainty. There are many factors that have an impact on survival, and doctors have been shown to be very poor at predicting how long terminally ill patients will live.

I do hope that, for whatever time she has left in this world, your mother will not be in pain, and will not suffer.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.