Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Cancer in bones , uterus , kidneys

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
My Grandma broke two ribs about a month ago. When it wasn't healing they decided to do some test. They found out she has bone cancer. The cancer didn't start in her bones though. They don't know where it started but she has the bone cancer throughout her body, she also has cancer on her uterous and kidneys. What type of treatment is there for her, what is her life expectancy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2009
Unfortunately, without knowing what type of cancer your grandmother has, it is difficult to say what treatment would be best for her (she would require a biopsy of one of these tumors to try and determine a specific cancer diagnosis).

Even when the type of cancer is known, doctors are notoriously inaccurate in predicting how long individual patients will live, unfortunately. Therefore, I advise all of my cancer patients, and their loved ones, to try and take life one day at a time, and to live each day to its very fullest.

I hope that your grandmother's doctors will be able to offer her some treatment, and that she will remain comfortable.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wasdcher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.