Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Can u have normal liver function & still have hepatitis?

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
I have had three liver enzyme test in the past 18 months and all have come back with numbers well within the normal range. The doctors have all said that it is not necessary to give specific test 4 hepatitis because my liver functions are normal. I originally went in for HIV/AIDs and hepatitis testing because I am experiencing a dramatic loss of fullness in the face. It is mainly concentrated in the area most commonly referred to as the laugh lines. I also am experiencing a tightness or pulling sensation in the same area w/ slight pain. Although all 3 HIV/AIDS test were retuned with NEGATIVE results and all liver functions are normal, my symptoms are worsening! Is it possible that I have hepatitis with normal liver function or could there be some other disease that is causing this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2011
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on ehealth forum.

HIV is diagnosed based on the serological detection in the blood samples. It is not diagnosed on the basis of nonspecific signs and symptoms.

Your symptoms described here are very nonspecific and are not diagnostic of HIV infection.

Since all the HIV tests done have been negative, there is no need to worry about them.

It is highly unlikely for a person with normal LFTs to be having a hepatitis.

You might consult a doctor if you have additional doubts and for reassurance.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.