Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Can Treatment For Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Yeast Infection?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Well, my doctor gave me some antibiotic cream and a couple applicators to cure a bacterial infection. Only problem is that before he gave me the medicine, I didn't have swollen vaginal lymph nodes and my vagina wasn't half as itchy as it is now.

I know that sometimes bacterial infections mimic yeast infections, but because these symptoms didn't pop up until halfway through treatment, I can't help but wonder if the antibiotics he had me on didn't cause a yeast infection. Should I go for some monistat, or wait until a few days after treatment?

Help please! (And thanks)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Jawanna: You may want to call your Pharmacist to ask him/her if you might have an allergy to this medication...This can happen and they should be able to help you...If it continues I would get back to your doctor...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: Jawanna