Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Can this be bone cancer?

I recently have found a bump on my ribs on my back, it is very hard and feels like bone. I can't move it and it doesn't hurt at all, in fact, I felt normal up until this point.... I have massive anxiety and I'm a hypochondriac, as well... I'm so worried this could be the early signs of bone cancer, I have never felt this bump before up until about two days ago... I literally feel absolutely fine aside from a cough I've had for a few days. The bump is small, circular and not movable.... I also fell on my back hard a few weeks ago, maybe this is involved somehow? I'm SO worried right now, I'm scared of surgery and hospitals, so I don't want to even tell anyone... Not even my mom.

I'm only 16, this shouldn't be happening to me.....

What do I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi skyring1....This is probably something you have had for a long time...It could be a cyst that has formed on your back...These are very common...I would not worry about bone cancer...I would just leave it alone...See if it goes away...If you are concerned and this bothers you then see your doctor...He/she is the only one who can answer this question...Why not tell your Mom?...We Moms are real understanding...We, too, were young once long ago....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied July 29th, 2011
Thanks, it really did help, I feel much better now. I guess I'll just wait a week or so and see if it gets worse, if not I'm tell someone... Thanks again! I'll try not to worry so much...
|

replied December 15th, 2011
Accidental lession in MRI
I am a 51y/o woman having an accidental lesion on my sternum during a breast MRI. breast MRI was normal I have a sharp pain on my sternum in morning and after working on my sternum too. is it Sirius and canit be a malignancy? I have to mention that the radiologist said that it can be inflammatory or a metastatic lesion.
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
SarahFarhangi,

It is not possible to tell from the information you have given. But, if the radiologist could not tell the difference off of the MRI, then the lesion should be evaluated further.

Your primary care physician should refer you to an oncologist or thoracic surgeon for an examination and further testing.

Good luck.
|