Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

can the partial loss of lumbar lordosis be cured?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I got a low back injury. The study of my MRI test reveals that I got partial loss of lumbar lordosis, and no evidense of any active infective pathology.

Intervertebral disc at L5-S1 level shows difuse bulge / subligamentous herniation resulting in indentation over thecal sc and attenuation of bilateral neural canals.

I want to know, Is there any treatment or exercise for my spine to get it be as normal as it was earlier, (before the injury).
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper myopracticworks
|

replied November 21st, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, the loss of curve can be cured. Will "the spine be as normal as earlier"? Maybe, maybe not. A herniated disc will lose some height but doesn't mean it has to cause permanent pain and dysfunction.

Ligaments hold the bones together. When ligaments (discs) stretch or tear, they cannot hold the bones in the correct alignment. The torn fibers can heal.

1) Do a Google search for "Static extension on elbows"

next

2) Do a Google search for "Static back Position". Look at the link from "Theposturedude". I put two foam balls the size of tenis balls under my lower back / hips to put an arch in my lower back.

next

3) Do a google search for "Seated hip abductor press" but use a Yoga strap just above your knees instead.

and

4) Get a lumbar support to help keep your back arched when sitting. My favorite is "The Original McKenzie Airback TM Inflatable Roll #706"
|
Users who thank myopracticworks for this post: khushnuma 

replied November 21st, 2011
Thanx for ur reply, that help me. Now I think my spine is normal, it doesnt pain. I further want to know- Can the problem of Loss of Lumbar lordosis be a cause of "Stopping height increase". Because when I got this problem , my height got stopped of being increased. Plz tell me If I can increase my height after 24+.

Thank you
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
I lost about 1/2" from disc herniations but I don't think it would stop you from growing.

Yes, you can increase your height. I know of 2 people who have increased their height up to 1 inch.

1) Decompression / inversion.
or
2) Releasing a VERY tight psoas muscle. This can be done by:
- Massage therapist can release the psoas.
- There is a machine which can replicate a massage therapist.
- Do a Google search for "supine progressive groin stretch"
|
Users who thank myopracticworks for this post: khushnuma