Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Can't stop peeing

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
For the past week now I have not stopped going to the toilet to pee. Every time I have been I feel the need to go again. Its not sore and there is no smell or colour change. I think I have a UTI. I am 16 years old(and female), so will ask my mum to book me in to the doctors, but I am very embarrassed and want to know how do they test for a UTI, can they give me the antibiotics without touching me or taking samples? Is there anything I can eat/drink/do in the mean time to help before I see the Doctor?

Thank you for any help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2009
cranberry pills or cranberry juice will help if it is a UTI.
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2009
Supporter
They will ask you for a urine sample to check for a UTI and will give you antibiotics if it is what you have.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
if the urine has no change to colour and no odour with no discomfort; then could you be simply drinking alot of fluid; certainly if the urine is clear. if you have an sudden urge and no doubt would become incontinent if you do not go to the toilet it might be you have a small bladder that needs bladder training - should be details on the web im sure
|