Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Can't stop crying

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
my sister gets hurt easily and just tends to cry very easily. like non stop. she wants to stop but she cant. when anyone asks whats wrong she starts crying. this goes on for days and days. i think she needs to seek help but i dont know if she really does need to get help. lately she had a fight with my other sister. this triggered her crying thing again and its been a whole week now she hasnt stop crying. i know shes trying to stop but she just ends up crying when she thinks about why shes hurting. lets say for example me..if i had a fight with my sister i wouldnt cry id fight back and certainly not for days on end..this i think is normal..but my sister crys for days and days and just sits in her room all day..depressed and crying. please someone help me. tell me what kind of condition is this? does she need to seek help somewhere?... Rolling Eyes doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2010
she definetly needs to seek help. It could be anything from just wanting attention to major depression [ a serious life threateng condition that requires proffessional help ]
|

replied June 1st, 2010
constant crying is usually depression
Yes, your sister definitely needs help. No, this does not sound like attention-seeking. Take her to a psychiatrist. I cry all the time too and it's so embarrassing. I never know when a thought, a memory, or something someone says will trigger it, and off I go again, crying and crying. For no good reason. ...I am a teacher and I have major depression. I take medicines, have talk therapy with a counselor, and soon my psychiatrist will have me in outpatient day classes again. I take it a day at a time, and some days are better than others, fighting that dark cloud within.The best thing you can do is be there for your sister, offer her support, and insist that she go to a doctor--and have someone else in the room with her and the doctor. You all need to know just what she's going through.
|