Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Can't stop crying

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
Hi,
I had a very bad childhood bacause of family problems, loneliness...
Now am 18 n am feeling so sad...whenever i get time,am going on thinking abt my past- the problems i have faced and my condition at tht time..
I cant stop crying...in day time, being alone i have lotta tym to tink abt myself..
I know that its not good to go on crying on stupid things..but i cant control myself..
i was a studious girl...but since 2-3 weeks i have been facing difficulty in concentrating....
these all cases arose again because there occured something in ma lyf that made me recall all dose things..."family problems"...
so of course my parents are not sure whether am sad or not!
they actually dont bother to care about my feelings.
dont know whether am depressed, i always feel like walking alone to somplace...
i cry always locked up in ma room!
What should i do now?!
I wish someone over there cud help me get rid of these feelings!

Thanking you in advance,
IMY rainbow
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2009
Supporter
.. if you want to be happy and live in peace. you need to forget all the painful past the memories, what ever makes you unhappy. and focus on your present, future. how to have fun. don't ever waist a minute in pain you waisted enough time crying. its time for you to have fun its time for you to heal you need to make it up to your self. don't wait for others to make you feel better each person cares about him self no one will waist his time on others.
|
Users who thank mariah79 for this post: imaginary 

replied November 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Check to see if there's any free psychological servies in your county. If you try to do it all yourself, it can just drag on. Meeting some new, good people can help take the focus off the past.

I wish you the best, and I do hope you seek counselling.
|
Users who thank PS39 for this post: imaginary 

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
HI imaginary,

No one can get rid of the sad feelings you are expperiencing, in time you will stop crying. I would suggest you keep a journal and write, write, write. Writing is very therapudic. Write as often and as long as you want. Write when you are happy and when you are sad. Write about your pains and your joys. Volunteer at a battered women shelter or a homeless women and children shelter, or at your local hospital. There, you will find your problems take a back seat to those who are suffering in a differnt kind of way. Although helping others will not solve your personal problems, however, it will take your mind off them and redirect your attention on others...then you will view your own problems as being not so major. One other thing, find someone who will allow you to talk, talk, talk, you need a good listener.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Users who thank FadedRose for this post: imaginary