Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Can't move on from relationship

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I was married for 7 years. The relationship got very emotionally abusive and she is a pathological liar....lies about EVERYTHING!!!
We have 2 great kids somehow and it really depresses me that the family is broken up because of all this.
I can't move on....once I broke it off with her I thought I would be happy. I guess deep down I thought it would shock her into changing her ways...it isn't that I didn't love her, it is that she was killing me. The deception and name calling was too much.
Even after all that, I just can't feel that connection with anyone. I can't even have good sex with anyone. Sometimes I think if I just had a good sex buddy I could move past her...but since we broke up my libido is shot. I used to want sex all the time-with her. I can't seem to even want someone else sexually.
To make matters worse...she has moved on and is sleeping around town. She is self destructing her life...but still has been able to move on.
I don't know what it wrong with me. Why can't I be indifferent toward her and just forget she exists? Why can't I get over her? She was no good for me and I know that...so why can't I?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 12th, 2011
"you come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." Even though she is a pathological liar you still love her.. Finding someone special who you can really connect with isn't easy. But there's always someone out there for you so don't give up yet. You just need to cutt yourself some slack. You just came out of a really bad relationship which caused a lot of damage. You need to time to heal. And when you're ready to let go of being miserable you will. Just think it over, all the horrible things she did to you. Answer these questions for yourself, do you think that you could be happy with her? Think of your kids, and what consequences this relationship can cause. Love is supposed to make you feel good about yourself, did you feel that where you were with her? It takes time but you will get over it, trust me.
|
Did you find this post helpful?