Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

Can't maintain erection when on back

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
i'm having problems maintaining my erection when i'm lying on my back. its ok when i'm standing or when i'm on top. i'm 22 and in good health. has anyone got any ideas because it if very frustrating.
thanks
d22
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
Hi there. Thanks for posting your question on Ehealthforum. I can think of absolutely no physical of medical reason why you should loose your erection when lying on your back. I wonder if you occasionally get early morning spontaneous erections while lying on your back and half asleep, or is these also effected. Probably not.

The only thing I can suggest, and I might be a mile off the mark here, is that now when you are lying on your back you begin to wonder if you are going soft again. That of course would explain it. The quickest way to loose an erection is to start wondering about it.

Andrew Rynne.

|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
Hi there. Thanks for posting your question on Ehealthforum. I can think of absolutely no physical of medical reason why you should loose your erection when lying on your back. I wonder if you occasionally get early morning spontaneous erections while lying on your back and half asleep, or is these also effected. Probably not.

The only thing I can suggest, and I might be a mile off the mark here, is that now when you are lying on your back you begin to wonder if you are going soft again. That of course would explain it. The quickest way to loose an erection is to start wondering about it.

Andrew Rynne.

|

replied August 5th, 2013
G'day, yeah I am having exactly the same problem. And it's been like this is for 7 years at least, can't have a proper reaction when I'm on my back. Otherwise, in any other position no problems at all. Could this be caused by blood circulation or perhaps something else ?! I'm 31.
|

replied August 11th, 2013
I have that problem and I remember reading somewhere that it's a circulation problem where you can't retain the blood ordinarily trapped in the penis when you go horizontal. For me it happens instantly and it's bizarre. We have sex with my standing up at the side of the bed and my wife on her back in front of me. It works, but I wish it were otherwise like when I was younger.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.