Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Can't hold food down

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
i dont know i puke but not by choice everytime i eat i cant hold the food down so i stoped eating at all the smell of food alone makes me sick i hate it i feel weak and im still puking i dont force myself and dont think im fat whats wrong with me i havnt told any one about it bc i dont want them to worrie but ive droped 10 lbs and there starting to talk
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile starship33
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2009
Experienced User
Can you try eating something else? I am sure you can eat a garden salad, or a soup without getting sick. Maybe it is the foods that you are eating. If it continues you should see a doctor about it.
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2009
Supporter
you have to go to the doctor's and find out why your doing that. if you dont have any health insurance you have to go to the emergency room. this could lead to other problems like being malnutrition. are you able to take vitamins while drinking water.
there are herbs that will calm your stomach. i dont know if this will help you but it's good to give it a try until you can find out what's wrong with you.
how long has this been going on.
the herbs you can try is
To calm that queasy stomach herbal teas made with ginger, peppermint or goldenseal work well and replace the need fluids after vomiting. Ginger sooth irritated membranes and helps with digestion. Peppermint will ease spasms in the digestive tract. Goldenseal increase digestive secretions.

i m going to private message you some websites that may help you. research your condition on the search engine, you might find out what's wrong with you.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
i have the same problem i dont really no what to do:/
uhmm all i have been eating is a lot of celery. greasy foods with strong smells wont hold down. ramen noodles actually held down, try those(:
|

replied March 3rd, 2012
Interesting my girlfriends mom is having a similar problem. She cant keep down food! Seems to have more problem with acidic food. She went to the hospital for a few days and they really could not find anything. They prescribed her over the counter pepcid and it doesn't work. She is so malnourished it is scary and she is very weak. I'm thinking she should try different broths of soups maybe blend in some root vegetables. She drinks boost but those are not enough..The dr. said it is stress i think it is something more..
|

replied July 1st, 2012
So i just came out of a detox programe fro methadone and during the detox i was doing alot of dry heeving now days later anything i eat i puek out cant hold anything down no food at all, i feel hungry but just cant hold it down! And i have sum real. Pain in my stomach like its really tight i don no if its just the procsess of the programe or if its an ulcer if any body can help me out plz reply!
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Eat a small amount of something that you like, not something that fills you to be full...Satisfy the inner you that craves a particular food...If it be steak and mushrooms, then let it happen...Don't deny your body what your mind wants....Only eat this in small portions...Don't dwell on food...Fill your mind with other things in life...Make eating something that you do to nourish yourself and not a hobby....Hope this helps...Take care...
|