Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Can't go back to work

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

hi, i just need advice... im sorry this is a long post ......

ive had lots of bother at work regarding line mangaer, ive been off sick form work for about 7 weeks as i feel im being bullied,
im due to return to work next week but cant bear to return..
ive had a series of panic attacks and low moods when i acnt stop crying and the doc gave me 20mg of citalopram for 4weeks... i didnt have many side effects... i still cry as much, i get extremeley sweaty especially when i think about work or when i recieve any letters regarding work. ive had a few bad headahes but thats about it. oh and im getting more forgetfull

i dont feel much better overall i still feel like im gona vomit or cry when i think about work. ive got a docs appiontment and then im due to return to work next week but i dont feel im ready. i work with kids and i feel that i need to be
emotionally stable and be truly focused on my work but i dont that is going to happen and i dont think my doc will ive me anymore time off can anyone help me or give me advice.... i want the doc to understand that i know im not ready.... and that citalopram has done nothing for me
exept make me cry a little bit less....

help please thanks leeanne
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2009
Experienced User
When you talk to your doctor tell him you'd like to try another medication, possibly a long term med for the panic attacks. Tell him the medication he gave you isn't working. Not all meds work for everyone, maybe a different one would be more benifical for you.
You can try relaxation exercises at home as well, that might help too.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2009
Supporter
Do you hate your job?
is this the first time this had happened to you?
i can cry to my doctor and get anything! speak up and make sure your doctor hears you.
if you dont like your job or feel as though its too much for you. can you aford to let it go. or is it in the cards for you to find another one.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2009
Experienced User
When you talk to your doctor tell him you'd like to try another medication, possibly a long term med for the panic attacks. Tell him the medication he gave you isn't working. Not all meds work for everyone, maybe a different one would be more benifical for you.
You can try relaxation exercises at home as well, that might help too.
|

replied April 26th, 2009
i need advice, help or need someone to talk to...
i love my job i just cant deal with my line manager who i bullying me... i work with kids and i know im not emotionally fit.... i dontthin my doc will do much but il need to try, i cant go back right now i kow im not able. thanks so much for your commetns... speak again soon leeanne x
|

replied May 29th, 2012
I just freak out every time I even think of and find work. I was meant to start again today. I cant face it. I feel like I need to burn my bridges (resign), move past this stressor in my life and find something more rewarding.
|