Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Can't explain itchy red bumps filled with clear fluid

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
For approximately 3 days now parts of my body have been covered in itchy red bumps that are filled with clear fluid. The started appearing on the top of my thighs a few days ago and now my legs are covered and it is spreading up my back. There are also a bumps on my forearms are lower abdomen. I haven't come into contact with anything strange or eaten anything different. I know they are also not bug bites. As far as home treatment, I have tried benedryl, calamine lotion, cortisone cream and aloe vera. Nothing gives me any relief. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the input. Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. From the description of the rash, it seems like Chickenpox. In this, typically the clear fluid filled vesicles develop all over the body. These are usually itchy and are associated with bodyaches. You’ll need to take anti-virals for the same like valacyclovir or Famciclovir. You’ll also need anti-histamines, lactocalamine and paracetamol for the relief of the symptoms. However, these can be taken only after consulting your physician. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|

replied August 7th, 2012
Thank you for replying! Though, it wasn't chicken pox. I had those about 16 years ago. I did finally see a doctor after suffering for 4 days. It was some sort of allergic reaction. I was given the appropriate medications and the bumps went away completely in about 4 days. Now the doctor and I are trying to narrow things down to find out what caused it. Smile
|

replied October 31st, 2012
mel this occurs mostly during the winter? i believe its from the dry air...humidity is low from the heater....salt water will help...moisterize your legs
|

replied November 2nd, 2012
With the help from a couple doctors I found out that what I had is called dermatitis herpetiformis, a type of rash caused by a severe gluten intolerance. Eliminating gluten from my diet has made my body feel amazing!! The health issues I had are gone! Smile
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.