Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Can schizophrenia be a possession of some sorts? (Page 1)

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
3 years ago me and my friend tried to use the oujia board. We started talking to these people on it and i became obsessed with it, and now they wouldnt leave me alone. I dont use the oujia board anymore but they talk to me in my head. They are excatly the same people as on the board, and in the back of my head i can see them and they look the same to. I dont know if i'm crazy cause my friend also talked to the people and saw the same people that i see now. But anyways they scare me. Sometimes i feel like i'm being touched even though i know its not true, i also hear things that make me feel uncomfortable. I feel like they want me to die at some point. They say that they want to help me become who im going to be in the future but i dont know. They lie to me all the time to where im questioning everything i think now. Ive been on medication before and nothing have worked so far so i just lost hope in the meds and stopped. I'm scared of them, I just dont know what to do anymore. I tell my friends and everytime they send me to a place for mental help and nothing works and then im called crazy and my parents lose faith in me. So ive stopped telling anyone but one of my friends. If i cant get an answer here im going ot go to a psychic. I feel like they could tell or something. But im scared, and i feel like i need a comformation. Ive also been reading on here and people are saying that people with schizophrenia dont really know that what ever they experience is not real, but i do, so i dont know. I jsut i need to know....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
I believe you. Something similar happened to me 3 years ago. Some guy named garry denke posted a bunch of cryptic messages on a public forum. In an attempt to decipher them I began reading meaning into them that no one else sees. I now see 'messages' embedded in everything that others insist can't be there. Garry denke is an anagram for 'dark energy' and he always signed his posts 'pals, satan'. The reason those 'people' are in your head is because you believed the lies told to you through the ouija board, just like I believed the lies told to me through garry's messages. FORGET PSYCHICS! They channel the same liar that is pestering you now. The answer to your problem is Jesus. Learn the Lord's prayer and recite it in your head whenever you get scared. Attending a church wouldn't hurt either. Those voices will probably always be with you, learn to love them, they HATE that =)

peace,
dave
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, schizophrenia is spiritual. I was attacked, and at this point just about completely destroyed, I suppose that some would say wasted though.

Oh well, nothing that I can do about it really, this is going to be bad.

And only one way out really, but hey, do your best right?
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
The way out is love, not the way you're thinking. God is love, that's why they hate and fear it. And the way to God is through Jesus.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 22nd, 2012
well when you believe for 3 years that god is trying to kill you, its kinda hard to believe in him... i try ot tell everyone this but NOONE seems to understand!
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
God loves you, anyone that tells you differently is lying. And I speak from experience, I have been off meds for almost a year and I have had no troubles. The only 'medication' I use is prayer. The way I see it, you have two options, either you believe that Jesus has cured you, or you believe that you are mentally ill. I for one, AM NOT mentally ill.

dave
|

replied March 24th, 2012
>>The only 'medication' I use is prayer.

Actually I misspoke, I use humor as well. Sometimes directed at the voices, sometimes at myself.
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
By the way, oijas, is that how you spell it? They don't even do anything. And they don't open up anything.

People haven't ever had that power, to let anyone in, we have almost no control at all over such things.

They were always there, and when someone uses these things, they were watching and decided to do something.

Anything could in theory be a oija board, anything, I could probably communicate with q-tips if I wanted to.

And they aren't human either, sorry, those aren't people that you are talking to at all, and how dare they cheapen our very lives and deaths by telling people that it was. What a lie that one is. You might say it would shape your perception and make you do certain crazy things if you did in fact believe it huh?

If there ever was any good writings frag, the bible isn't it, we are on our own and starting from scratch on this one, just look into how it's been mangled from it's most known original.

It was never protected, and look what we have now, a little nothing of a book, useless and worthless in everyway, that's all that it is now, and has been that way for a long time.

I think that ill write my own book actually, a good one, I wouldn't lie to everyone about where we came from at the very least, needless to say it wasn't from anyone good.

Oh yeah, no one good would ask you to kill your child to prove your faith in him, I mean, who in the blank was that anyway? probably just another coyot.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
is not the same God who tested Abraham the same God who commisioned Moses? or do you not believe that? is not this the same God who flooded the earth of which there is great evidence ( not in mainstream media). is not this the same God who strived with the isrealites after delivering them from the nation of Egypt? or do you not believe that?
is not this the same God who spoke through the major and minor prophets to strive with Israel? or do you not believe that? what do you believe? do you only believe what you want to believe to suit your own ambitions and agendas in life? God is all or He is nothing. you question everything and you attempt to destroy faith in Gods' word by thinking you are right and all those that canonized the bible are wrong. if you want to antagonize the Bible..keep it to yourself..and dont put doubts in this person who is suffering for what is commonly called schizophrenia. the only book you will write will die with you in the dust that you came from for as long as you demean the Holy Bible.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
another one of these, yep.

You wouldn't like a prophet if you met one.

Here is something to get you started in your studies, "god" does not always mean the same being, if "god" has a right and a left side, meaning hate and love, then how can a being of love be everything?

Get used to it man, only "hate" would have made us, and how much you wanna bet people used to know that. There isn't a loving being in charge of everything, nope. I know that we would like to think so though.

Just read about it a little, it's simple to see actually.

And I don't think that the same guy who made the egyptians and the israelites could've done that, why make egyptians if you love the israelites?

Not to worry though, it only seems to be a war or battle in our world, how could it be anywhere else, if god can't die that is, would'nt be much of a battle at all, only here. I suppose that they could argue or something though, I don't know.

And why use the same word for different guys, like azazel, azrael, michael, raphael, el, elohim, not to mention there were different ways of using them entirely.

All that you need is principle man, you seem to be memorizing things that you don't understand. Making the things coming out of you gibberish because there is nothing behind it.

Just saying, if you were "saved", or "ransomed", or "bought with a price", it would have to be from someone bad.
|

replied April 7th, 2012
Furthermore, no good writing has ever said that someone who is loving in nature and all wise made us.

Because that is impossible.
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
I can tell you this man.

The bad ones were everywhere, just as today.

Twernt no good guy telling that guy to kill his child in the desert. And only to test him in trust, wow?!

Not to mention that this is no protected book your reading, look into that for awhile and see how it's been changed, and here is one for you. If there was ever anyone freely sharing information with us to help us then it would either be destroyed or changed completely, so there.
|

replied April 6th, 2012
here is something to chew on. the reason God allows people to exist is because He allows evil to exist. transversely, God allows evil to exist so humanity can still exist. Do you believe even believe in God or are you a self-proclaimed atheist? that would be first question. if you dont believe in God..then you discredit all of what the Holy Bible says..moses..ten commandments..King David.. & a great deal dont realize this but the bible is a history book as well..and this is fact: the more archeological evidence is found..the more and more it corresponds with what is written in scripture. ever heard of Josh Mcdowell..he goes in much more detail and i can on this msg board. ever read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis? maybe you should check them out. who is Jesus to you?
|

replied April 7th, 2012
Who is he? Why, love of course.

I think that the bible has alot to say actually, I've even discovered some of the things that it used to say, before it was so cruelly changed into something entirely different, and selfishly changed as well.

It wasn't protected, and it was changed.

No one that is well allows evil to exist if they can do something about it. We better wake up to that soon, hence the saving and stuff in the bible.

I believe in spirits, in fact i know that they are real, quite possible for them to create our little abode down here, only by whom is the real question. Perfect and loving creator, or someone entirely different, I'm gonna go with someone entirely different on that.

The bible is all mixed up, that is easily proven, but it only takes simple principle to know what it takes to make the death on this planet.

And it is painfully obvious actually who would ever make such a thing.
|

replied April 8th, 2012
You should trust in The New Testament, trust in Jesus.
Humans wrote the bible, and if something doesnt make sense, than question it. You have to remember that even people in the bible heard voices, I know that Satan is overqualified to influence. The occult is real, so is Jesus Christ. I suffer from voices, I truly know I was my own undoing,via sin... The devil gets in on it!!!!!
|

replied March 25th, 2012
>> Anything could in theory be a oija board, anything, I could probably communicate with q-tips if I wanted to.

Funny and true. People used to use animal entrails to divine information, q-tips seem less messy to me.

As far as the bible is concerned, I don't believe perfect truth can be written by imperfect humans, which might explain why wars have been (and will be fought) over religion. This is not to say that the book is worthless though. Can you say that if everyone treated others as if they were better than themselves that this world would not be a better place in which to live? There is a lot of truth in the bible, you just need to learn how to spot it. You can tell a good seed (person, idea, action, ...) from a bad seed by the fruit that it bears (or would bear) (see Matthew 7:16).

>>Oh yeah, no one good would ask you to kill your child to prove your faith in him, I mean, who in the blank was that anyway?

You could look at it from another point of view, his child wasn't killed. If his child would've been killed, I'm sure God wouldn't have asked him to do it. Abraham trusted God with his child's life, much like we all trust him (perhaps unknowingly) with our own lives any time we do something dangerous like flying, driving or even crossing the street.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
I have a son who suffers from Schizophrenia. We have suffered for many, many years from this affliction. We come from a family of believers. True Schizophrenia is not a spiritual attack at all....it is a very real mental disorder. If you suspect you may be suffering from it, I urge you to seek help if you have not already.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
How do you know what he is experiencing and why do you think that he is experiencing it?

All that people see is a guy acting strangely and never even wonder why he or she even is.

If you could've just seen that thing next to the gargage can the other day, it just sat there staring at me.

And Im sorry, but im a schizophrenic, and I know a little more about it than you do.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 1st, 2012
My last response didn't go through. I am not saying that this isn't an actual case of possession..or even a straight up haunting. I have taken interest in the paranormal my entire life, I am certainly a believer and have had my own share of experiences...that said there is indeed a difference between the two. One isn't occurring in actuality, and the other is... I have studied both brains and paranormal, because of my son with schizophrenia, and my other who has another condition, I went to medical school and received my degree, my specialty being brain disorder. That saidd, beyond that..I know him. I know him better than myself and have suffered with him since he was 6. He himself has said...mom..I know not all of this is real. I have figured out how to tell the difference...so..that is how I know.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
Eliosfyre, do you put your faith in Jesus, or do you put your faith in medical science?
|

replied April 1st, 2012
fragmo - I feel like everyone has seriously misinterpreted what I've said here. Your question is insulting to me..yes I am a believer in God. I come from a very religious family. I also can appreciate that the good lord has blessed us with the knowledge of medicine...we can certainly have both. I have said that I believe people can be possessed. I have said though that there is a difference between possession and actual schizophrenia...though, yes possession can mimic it. Now, I was simply trying to offer help and answer a question honestly. I'm not going to bother anymore since people here are rude. I came here seeking help...but here I find judgmental people who chose to not even thoroughly read what I've written. Sorry for the double post earlier...the site was being strange..and good luck to everyone.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 1st, 2012
Fragmo...Yes, it's insulting since I already said I'm a believer before. You do not know me. You are making a lot of assumptions about me..and every last one is wrong. Am I a Christian? Is this the specific question?? Yes. Yes I am. Do I believe in possession? Yes..yes I do...Do I believe that every case of Schizophrenia IS possession? NOPE. Also, just FYI many people can believe science and religion co-exist...if you get ill, do you see a doctor to get medicine to feel better? Would you have life saving surgery? Yes or no..because to me it sounds as if you are suggesting, that because I do believe that there is merit to medicine, then I mustn't be a good Christian girl...but I can believe in both. I come from a family with an Assembly of God preacher and a Methodist Minister, I grew up in the church. But, I live with mental illness every day. I have lived it through my father's eyes..I have lived it through the eyes of my children..and I have lived it through my own eyes. Okay? I am so sorry I don't have schizophrenia..but yes I do know about it..I have been fighting for my own son's life since he was 6 incredibly years old...he had an mentally and physically abusive father, he has a chemical imbalance and he was bullied in a manner that was absolutely brutal. He and I are VERY close and he tells me exactly everything he is going through..he is now 20 years old..so I've been doing this for awhile. I suffer along side him..and I still deal with my own mental illnesses. So do not belittle me by assuming that I don't know what is happening. Not only have I done this..but I have gone back to college specifically to study this..to study brain patterns and to study the different effects of mental illnesses on your mind...btw my youngest suffers from Tourettes and Aspergers and ssevere depression and I have a daughter who is BiPolar. To top that off I had a Foster son for just over a year who also suffered from Disorganized Schizophrenia...and though he has turned 18 now and as a result no longer lives with me...I still consider him my son and he is still very much a part of our family....so guess what?? This is my life. THAT said...I am not saying you are not possessed...I am saying that it isn't all one in the same. Do you understand that? You're possessed? Great..go talk to a preacher and get that fixed. But, just as admin wrote and I full-heartedly agree with...to say that actual Schizophrenia is brought on by a persons beliefs...or lack there of..or strength in their beliefs not only ignores the problem...but it suggests that the person who is suffering from Schizophrenia is at fault for not thinking the right way...and that if they just learn to think correctly, they can control it...it does not work that way..and lets be real..if you have schizophrenia, a major part of that is you do not know what is real. Now, kindly remove your caps lock and stop arguing about religion with me. You do not know me, so knock off the opinions and the attitude. ok? I simply was trying to help..which I often do because well, quite frankly I'm a very nice person who happens to care a lot about people..not get into a debate about religion with someone who is obviously not fully reading what I wrote. Again, I came on this site to help others and also to get some advice for my child who I am worried for...if people like you are what I have to deal with as a result..then I do not want to bother with this site anymore. This is a health forum, after all.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
On a sidenote..perhaps some of you should take a moment to read the admin's message about guidelines and their views on schizophrenia...especially the part about demon possession. Thank you.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
"there is no empirical evidence to indicate that mental illness is a sign of demon possession"

Empirical evidence? Luke 8:26-39, Mark 5:1-20
|

replied April 1st, 2012
Look man, i am trying to help. You don't know.

If you don't come back at least I hope that you will someday read this.

All schizophrenia is almost the same exactly actually, I know what he is going though, althoug not precisely. It's all spirits with us, good ones, bad ones, different kinds of each. Thats it.

There are effects on the brain, you can see the brain, you can't see what causes it at all.

There are no rules for knowing that they are there either, or even if it is demonic or the other. They aren't rats, some can trick, others don't want to, and everything in between. A person won't always float off of the bed you are exorcising them on.

You should all just know.

And for your brother, try making him laugh again, it really is some of the best medicine, and talk to him like you care and want him to smile, not like a monster or one who is different. You should take care, not worry, about the situation, only remember he isn't a criminal.
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
Hey oops, how does asking a question insult someone? Did she not like her answer? And how rude of her to sick the admin on my post. That was some choice ranting there, not quite epic Charlie Sheen type ranting but still, pretty good I think.

BTW, good post oops.
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
This thread seems to go all over the place. I have schizophrenia. Diagnosed at age 18 after suffering from something unknown since I was little. I am a Catholic, I feel that I am a good person and do not question my faith.But,I also feel that faith and medicine can go hand in hand. I do not agree with some others that schizphrenia is the same as being possessed by demons. But, to each his own,right? Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean people have to be rude about it. I have been following this section for a few days and I feel many have missed the point of what a health forum actually is.I also feel that many of you would greatly benefit from actually using reading comprehension before responding, it could have saved a lot of this arguement. To Kimberly, I agree with you on much of what you said. Perhaps it is because though I am religious,I am a RN as well. I feel like I have learned some value to both, and neither takes away from the either. I hope you change your mind about leaving. I saw another post you left in this forum and it was wonderful and honest.I feel like you have some wisdom to offer here,that perhaps you and I could exchange ideas to better care for those with varying afflictions. To oops, I am confused about who you are talking to when you mention brother. I agree there should be love and support, no one with a mental disorder is a monster at all. To frag, I respect that you are very religious. I do urge you though to be open minded here. Prayer alone, and even some humour, will not be enough for a true schizophrenic. I do not mean this to be rude, or to take away from your faith. But, you have heard the quote, "God helps those who help themselves."? It is very true. God has given us the tools. It is up to us to use them. I urge you to seek help, you should be able to find help that can also support your beliefs. That said, I did report you. Just for the sake of honesty. It was not to be mean, but because you were crossing a line and violating some of the very rules we agree to when we sign in.You can have your beliefs and disagree without attacking the beliefs of others. Thank you.

-Mia Lilly
|

replied April 6th, 2012
I would like to know what kind've things you may have seen and heard if any mia.

I don't know why I wrote brother, I meant whoever she was talking about, oops again.

All kinds've things have happened to me, almost wherever I go seems to be haunted, I was pushed down in the shower before I was even ten, some ghost told me I was a schizophrenic in third grade, just alot of intensely maddening things have happened to me.

The worst part is that I've had no real support, only people pushing me away, even my family, and both sides at that, they all just get rid of me.
|

replied April 6th, 2012
Hello oops. I have seen and heard things ranging from seeing my dog walk through walls to hearing voices that tell me to kill myself to seeing the faces of people melting off...its no fun. I have curbed these things with the right mess, which took awhile to discover and a great therapist.

I do believe you when you say you had these experiences. Have you ever heard of haunted people? You should look it up, they are people who spirits have attached themselves to, or people who seem to attract spirits. Have you talked to anyone about this? And by anyone I mean a professional who handles the paranormal. I would consider joining a paranormal forum, even better if you can find one for your area. They can guide you with what your best options are for getting rid of this problem...or possibly can get you in touch with someone reputable that deals with possession to figure out if you are actually possessed or not.
|

replied April 9th, 2012
If the person you seek help from isn't associated with Jesus, they can't help you. This is the beef I have with medical science, especially psychiatry....lord help me I sound like a scientologist Smile How can medical science be of God when athesists worship it? I don't recall reading about Jesus consulting doctors before performing miracles, do you?
|

replied April 6th, 2012
How would I know about them though.

Ill not seek help from a liar, at least try not to.

Sometimes, no, most of the time, people are known to exploit these situations, I've even heard of them causing the problems themselves so that they can "fix" it for you(get paid).

I would also hate the prospect of "getting rid of this problem" because of what that truely means, Im not really one for unfair deals really if you know what I mean.

Imagine being "healed" by the very ones causing the problem or on the same side as them anyway.

Im sure as blank not going to make an offering to them by burning sage, they seem to like the smell or something, and I wouldn't want to do anything nice for them.
|
12 >>