Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Can i still have aids after 10 years

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
In the year 2000 i had protected sex with a commercial sex worker. Since it was my first time i even wore two condoms at a go. But after coming i pulled out with out hold the condom. Small semen dropped on her when i pulled out.With my guilty conscience...i couldn't sleep.The next day i started feeling feverish like malaria, run a little temperature, lost appetite but never had any rash ,sore throat,swollen lymph gland. I felt really better after 6months.I also had protected and unprotected sex with my girl friend in 2001.Its now 10yrs now ...still having some guilt because i haven't tested yet... My girl friend during 2001 is now married to another man with a three year old son.
Because i am nervous in going to test to clear my conscience My Doctor said he is going to take alternative blood test (globulin and albumin)= Total protein...and other tests, BUN/Creatinine and blood sugar.....

All the test results came out perfectly normal.....Doctor asked me not to worry becos i'm ok from this alternative test but asked to come at my own time for the hiv test if in want to to clear my conscience....

Because antibodies are produced to fight HIV, people with the virus may have increased levels of globulin.

I recently had a Full blood count and these are the results

u WBC: 3.3- 8.7 * 3.4
HB 13.5 - 18.0 * 15.4
MCHC 30.5 - 34.5 * 33.5

NEUTROPHILS : 40 - 75 * 49
LYMPHOCYTES : 20 - 48 * 46
EOSINOPHILS : 1 - 6 * 2
MONOCYTES : 2 - 10 * 3

TOTAL BILIRUBIN 2 - 17 * 6
DIRECT BILIRUBIN 0 - 9 * 3
INDIRECT BILIRUBIN 2 - 10 * 3
ALT (SGPT) 2 - 12 * 8
AST(SGOT) 2 - 14 * 5
ALBUMIN 30 - 46 * 37
GLOBULIN 30 - 45 * 39
TOTAL PROTEIN 60 - 85 * 76
SODIUM 135 - 148 * 140
CREATINE 0.6 - 1.2 * 0.7

WHAT DO YOU THINK...AM I OK AS THE DOCTOR SAID............PLEASE HELP ME
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health Forum.

The answer to your question whether you may have HIV as of now is - NO.

HIV is diagnosed based on the serological detection in the blood samples. It is not diagnosed on the basis of nonspecific signs and symptoms.

From the history described, the risk of infection is very less. Since the exposure was in 2000, and you have been asymptomatic since the last 10 years, you can relax. You do not HIV infection.

You might consider to consult your doctor and you can be helped by counselling. In addition you might get tested for HIV so that there is not doubt in your mind and you can get on with your daily life.

I hope this helps.

|

replied February 23rd, 2011
Thank you Deepak....I want to find out whether anxiety symptoms are really real....If they are i think i might be having anxiety symptoms...
|

replied September 5th, 2013
fungal infection on penis?
Deepak,
I have similar anxiety issues. In 2002 I had unprotected sex with a girl, it is now 2013. I developed itchy flaky skin on my penis, and the head became cracked. I put it to the back of my mind, but went to my GP 12 months later. He,told me it was a spot of dermatitis, and it was nothing to worry about. I was so relieved. He also said it was the last thing he would worry about in our area, and seemed to think I was paranoid. I used 4 tubes of prescribed cream, I forget what it was called. Anyway, it never fully went. I went,through such fear, that I just couldn't go back. Anyway, I used moisturizers and athletes foot cream, which soothed the problem although maybe only superficially. I have had two 5 year relationships since, and both women had general women checks, including bloods for general health, but were fine. I assumed i must be safe. Anyway, i started to get anxiety again, as my diagnosed dermatitis never fully cleared. Since being single, I researched my condition more. It looked similar to both penile dermatitis and thrush. I took fluconzole and clotrimazole cream, and although maybe too soon to say, it seems to have genuinely improved. What scares me is that penile thrush is a,HIV symptom on many forums, although they seem to suggest at advanced stages. My skin condition appeared the,next,day,back in 2002. Similar to the last writer, no symptoms other than this. I am in good health and I am never I'll. Not sure if I should get a,HIV test for price,of mind, or would you say,after 11 years I am ok? The thought of going terrifies me. What do you think?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.