Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

can i get pregnant without losing my virginity ?!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Me and my boyfriend were just having fun, but it went little bit further as his penis went half way inside my vagina, but though i didn't lose my virginity, and he also didn't ejaculate inside, but i'm really scared to death that the Pre-ejaculating fluid could make me pregnant, well..... i'm still 17 and don't wanna get pregnant, so if there's a way or another to know if this gonna happen or not please let me know asap!, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper PLN
|

replied February 17th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Tevy, All you need to get pregnant is sperm inside your vagina and an egg being released shortly after that (ovulation). It does not matter if you are a virgin or not.

Your vagina is the 'pipe' inside your body. Everything outside that you can see and touch is called the vulva. Did he stick his penis inside your vagina or just around your vulva?

You are probably confusing virginity and your hymen. If you had a penis inside your vagina you are no longer a virgin. Your hymen is what is normally torn when you have sex the first time (lose your virginity). This may or may not bleed and be uncomfortable.

If he did not ejaculate you are fairly safe although it cannot be guaranteed. If you want to make sure, get emergency contraceptives (like Plan B) immediately.

There is only about 7 days during your cycle that you can get pregnant. The rest of the time you are infertile. So the risk also depends where in your cycle you are. Every women that have sperm deposited inside her during those 7 days does not get pregnant. Only about 1 out of every 3 does. The only way for a woman to find out if she is pregnant is to wait a few weeks and do a pregnancy test. Pregnancy cannot be predicted.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be more careful. Discuss with him what you are willing to do. And if you are going to change your mind, have condoms ready.

Best of luck.
|

replied February 17th, 2011
I'm not sure if he has reached that far but i don't know, he was somehow ..... inside, not that far, but inside,we didn't mean to get that far,and he's more concerned than me,and i guess he was just around the vulva... and he didn't ejaculate inside, but i read during my search that the pre-ejaculating fluid could make me pregnant, and i don't think plan B is available in my society!
Anyway Thanks For Ur Help and we'll be more careful! =)
|

replied February 21st, 2011
Pre-ejaculate
Yes, pre-ejaculate can get you pregnant. It contains sperm. I would suggest that you wait a few weeks and then take a pregnancy test, or wait until you are supposed to get your period, and if it doesn't come take a test. But, like Susan said do be more careful next time.
|

replied February 21st, 2011
Especially eHealthy
I actually prefer to stick with biology and scientific facts when discussing sex. For moral, religious and privacy reasons, so much misinformation is being spread around that it is important to keep to the facts.

Only sperm can get you pregnant. Pre-ejaculate is from the Cowper's glands. There are no sperm in the cowper's glands. That is just a medical fact of life - there are no sperm in the cowper's glands. You have similar glands and secretions - your Bartholin's glands that will secrete a few drops of fluid around your vaginal entrance.

Pre-ejaculate are normally mentioned in relationship with the pull-out technique. The pull-out method is unsafe for (so) many reasons, but pre-ejaculate is not one of those reasons. There is not a single medical or scientific study that shows that pre-ejaculate can make you pregnant. Just the opposite is actually found in the studies.

The next thing that are normally mentioned is that pre-ejaculate can carry left over sperm from a previous ejaculation out. This is true. The ejaculation should however have been in the last few minutes to make this a danger. A man should not stick his penis inside his partner's vagina after ejaculating. It is just common sense. However after about an hour or after urinating, these left over sperm dies. It will also only be the first few drops containing this left over sperm. After touching and rubbing his penis, these drops are normally long gone by the time his penis reaches the vaginal entrance.

The life lesson to learn from this is that just because you read something on the Internet does not make it true, ESPECIALLY if it is related to sex. The same can be said for news outlets. News outlets regularly get reporting on scientific studies wrong. Science is actually pretty boring as news, so making things up to sensationalize the research for the news are pretty common.

So be careful, use healthy skepticism and do some basic sanity checking. For example in this case, two questions should be asked:

* How does sperm get into pre-ejaculate
* How many sperm is actually needed to get a woman pregnant
* How easy is it for a woman to get pregnant

These answers will surprise you, and it is not at all what you were told.

As soon as science enters the discussion, things are much less sensational and pretty boring.

This is NOT AN ENDORSEMENT for pull-out. As I said it is dangerous on many many levels and due to failure, especially with horny teens.
|

replied May 11th, 2012
i've had sex with my boyfriend and i haven't lost my virgin...or i mean i didn't bleed...and i've NEVER had sex before....is it possible that you can have sex for the first time and didn't bleed?
|

replied May 19th, 2013
Yes, it's completely possible. You could have broken your hymen during masturbation or as a child doing something completely un-sexual such as bike riding. It's not necessary for it to bleed at all, you do NOT have to see a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2012
Experienced User
tyour hymen breaks
so you will bleed maybe you just missed
seeing the blood or something but you do bleed
after your first time having sex ...
|

replied May 13th, 2012
nope..i didn't miss seeing the blood...i checked
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2012
Experienced User
then consult w/ your doctor
|

replied February 25th, 2013
pregnancy
unknownABC which 7 days cycle u mean ?
|

replied March 9th, 2013
It is a pregnancy???
Hey i have also sex with my boyfriend. It is a first time. But i don`t period. May be it is a pregnancy. Plz tell frds.
|

replied May 6th, 2013
pregnancy
Hey,me nd my boyfriend were got in some situation which make us out of control..he has not inserted..but he told me that it may b he has spermout thr.. I didn't see there nything..is there any possibility that his sperm has pass through the vaginal area inside???,..am really scared!! pls help me out..
|

replied August 14th, 2013
i had sex with my girlfriend with condoms.but somehow it got tear from a side and a paft of my sperm went inside.on the next day we have sex again and she bleed that day .Is there any chances of being pregnant?she consumed an ipill within 24hrs.plz do reply.thank you.
|

replied December 4th, 2013
hey! i am in my 3rd day of the period and had sex with my boyfriend. in fact i didn't feel that i have lost my virginity. we were using condom but when my boyfriend ejaculated..the condom was torn. both of us are not sure that whether the sperm was released in or outside. in case if it was ejaculated inside or say half way inside...m i likely to get pregnant. please help me... really tensed.....
|

replied December 4th, 2013
pliz help me someone
|

replied December 5th, 2013
you and your friend can use two condoms just in case. this may or may not take the pleasure away but its better save than sorry.
|

replied December 10th, 2013
but m i likely to get pregnant
|

Community Volunteer (online)
Using 2 condoms is a terrible idea and guaranteed to make them fail.

You are not likely at all to be fertile on day 3 of your period. It is very unlikely that you will get pregnant. It is just not the way our cycles work.

You can take a pregnancy test 21 days after the sex. Repeat it 7 days later to confirm.

When you have a failure like this, emergency contraceptives are meant to make sure you do net get pregnant - Plan B, ipill, Next Choice, Unwanted72, ella
|

Thank you very much Kristigrahm for the tip and advice..
|

replied May 7th, 2014
Can a lady get pregnant with out losing virginity?
I am having safe sex with my bf but i do not know whether i have lost my virginity or not . It did not bleed but it pains. Once we had sex with out safety but his penis did not enter my vagina fully but he ejaculated. Will this make me pregnant?

can a lady get pregnant with out losing virginity? Please help.
|

replied May 12th, 2014
Pregnancy
hey, me and my girlfriend were just playing with each other.I just rubbed my penis near her vagina and I didn't ejaculate any where inside.
I put my fingers near the entrance of the vagina.
It was the first time to her.
she is now complaining that she's feeling a little pain in her stomach.
Does it mean that she is pregnant or is the pain caused as a result of me rubbing her vagina?
|

replied June 18th, 2014
Did she end up being pregnant?
|
Quick Reply