Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Can I get hepatitis like this

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
User Profile
Hi,I went for physical examination and chest x-ray as required for our job,they sent me to hospital ward where mostly hepatitis C patients come for xray and ultrsound and there is 1 suit(greensuit) for patient to wear and lie on bed as according to their rule , so I wore that green gown wore by every hepatitis patient there it was dirty and at that time I also popped my pimple and touched the blood on my face and have pimples all over back also is their any chance of transmission help thanks?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2016
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Hepatitis b and c is tranmitted through blood and blood related products so if thats gown has blood stains etc that can be a risk when viral load is increased then sweat or other body secretion can also contain the virus. But it also depends on the time the virus has been on that gown bcz hcv virus can survive upto 3 wks outside the body. So it depends on all that factors but the chances are very minute. You can test your self but after 6 months for antibody tests or 3 wks for pcr test.

|

User Profile
Thanks alot for your reply and information Sir , It was only 1 gown and that department was hepatitis C department where patients with STD and HIV + HEP C were there , that gown has sweat on it and I have pimples on my back with pus , sweat was there I think ,I was also touching my lips etc , do you think that I should be worried? I am in tension help me out Thanks.
|

User Profile
And after this event, I developed flu like symptoms on same day
|
Tags: Hepatitis
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.