Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

can hormones cause dizziness and off balanceness

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i am wondering if changing hormones can cause dizziness not spinning just a weird feeling like off balance. 20 years old...??? any idea
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nbk5e5m67
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
i am wondering that too. i'm 24 and had a baby eight weeks ago and ifeel like that.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
dizzy and off balance
I felt dizzy and off balance for 6 months now. Had MRI, blood work and a balance test ( do not reccomend that.... uncomfortable if you are dizzy ) Been on migrane meds, steroids, and valium. Valium helps alittle, but dizziness seems to be worse every other month. Can this be hormones? Had a hormone level test done and it was normal. Any suggestions. I feel horrible and my life has been put o hold for 6 months.
|

replied May 23rd, 2011
I"ve had dizziness since last July. It just came on and hasn't stopped. Had all the ear tests possible and MRI. None of the doctors know. Most say to 'up' my anxiety meds. I'm off work for a few weeks cause the imbalance in my head had caused depression and anxiety. Today I woke up thinking about my hormone medicine. Last year in April I took a trip and had a fantastic time. Sometime early summer I cut down on my hormone medicine because I thought I was getting better. I read all about symptoms of hormone imbalance and it's unbelievable all the similar symptoms I have. I happened to have a doctor's appointment today so am going to talk to her to see if she agrees it could be the hormone imbalance causing my dizziness, which is more like an internal imbalance feeling ALL the time. Will 'up' my hormone meds right away to see if it helps. I feel somewhat encouraged that there's another chance to get better. I won't give up but it's frustrating. Doc said hormone test can be done in early menopause but can't really do one when I'm on the back end of my menopause.
|

uh gosh thats awful! my dizziness isnt that bad....its just more of a off feeling..hopefully doesnt get worse....did ur tests come back normal for ear disordeer......could be that...or anixety...thats what i think is causing me to feel weird...
|

Tests for ear problems have come back normal. Not allergies or sinuses either. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the dizziness, I don't think it is anxiety, but that is the answer the dr's give immediately. I am sure it is not anxiety! That is the answer dr's give for everything. Valium helps alittle. They think maybe it is a new form of migraine & the valium deadens the nerve endings. Worked for a while, but not so muh now. Good luck to you. It is the worst feeling!
|

replied November 5th, 2009
maybe its candida it cab affect your brain and cause u to become off balance
|

replied May 19th, 2013
I have had constant dizziness(imbalanced) for the last five months, had a MRI, multiple blood work, was seen by a neurologist, had an hormone test done, and my heart checked.. and everything came back normal and none of the doctors could give me an answer of what was going on!!! It felt like all hope was lost.. I couldn't drive, walk a far distant, or be left in my own home alone, I started developing anxiety and panic attacks!! but I also noticed that my monthly cycle was very irregular.. so I ask my doctor to put me on a birth control pill to try to balance my hormones and my cycle hoping that it would also help with my balance because after months of research and lack of answers from doctors.. it was the last thing I could think of and believe it or not ITS WORKING!!! iv only been on he pill for a few days and I haven't been feeling imbalanced, I know all of our bodies are different but hopefully this can help someone because I know how HARD it is to live with dizziness!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Dizzyness Everyday
OMG..I hope I have the same results as you...I have been thru similiar situation...I started getting dizzy everyday about 4 months ago and then migraines about 1 month ago...I have gotten heart sonogram,
blood work, MRI, Ultra Sound of my neck to check my arteries and all fine. My Nuerologist says I have basilar migraines and he put me on Tompamax which has helpled my headaches but not the dizzyness. I am dizzy all day long everyday!!!! and its worse days before and during my menstrual cyle. I thought maybe my hormones were out of whack and maybe that is what is causing my dizzyness so I have an appointment with my gynocologist to check my hormones. I am hoping this helps..I pray to god it does. Living day to day being dizzy is so hard.
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Dizzyness Everyday
OMG..I hope I have the same results as you...I have been thru similiar situation...I started getting dizzy everyday about 4 months ago and then migraines about 1 month ago...I have gotten heart sonogram,
blood work, MRI, Ultra Sound of my neck to check my arteries and all fine. My Nuerologist says I have basilar migraines and he put me on Tompamax which has helpled my headaches but not the dizzyness. I am dizzy all day long everyday!!!! and its worse days before and during my menstrual cyle. I thought maybe my hormones were out of whack and maybe that is what is causing my dizzyness so I have an appointment with my gynocologist to check my hormones. I am hoping this helps..I pray to god it does. Living day to day being dizzy is so hard.
|

replied September 5th, 2013
I started getting the dizziness, imbalance, lightheaded about a month ago. It is terrible, and iam glad i found people i can relate to. I had all blood tests done, MRI, ECG, all came back fine. Its terrible not knowing whats going on and how to fix it. I think i should also get my hormones checked. I hope it helps too.
|

replied October 13th, 2013
Hi, I am so glad I have come across this forum, my daughter is now 5mths old and I haven't been feeling right for months, I was recently
diagnosed with severe PN anxiety! But for over a week now I have been having dizziness/lightheadedness along with headaches been back to doctors and he gave me diazepam which made it worse, been to see optician and he checked my eyes and all ok and couldn't see anything untoward!
I'm literally in pieces worrying something is seriously wrong and my anxiety as you can image is off the scale! Do you think it's my hormones making me feel like this, I've non stopped cried for days and its really getting me down and I can't handle feeling like this everyday the dizziness is just unbearable, just had my period a few days before the dizziness started! Please help I have no one to talk to as everyone thinks I'm crazy or being stupid! I'm crying as I'm writing this, so worried and scared
Thank you Ze xx
|

replied October 14th, 2013
I am 3 months postpartum and very weak and lightheaded! Can it be hormones??? Feeling depressed and helpless!
|

replied October 14th, 2013
Hi Stacey, I'm feeling exactly the same my daughter is 5mths all of a sudden over a week ago I started feeling really weird and lightheaded it freaked me out so much but my doctor put it down to anxiety and hormones, I got my eyes checked as the optician can see things if there's something untoward going on and all clear! I'm feeling a bit better today but I'm wondering if it was my period that started my hormones to go all over the place again and there settling down again??? It's horrible feeling and I'm literally crying everyday thinking something seriously is wrong with me, but I found this website and seen lots of mums are experiencing the same symptoms! Got doctors on Friday going to speak to him again about hormones! Your not alone and I know what your going throu xxx
|

replied October 24th, 2013
hormones and ear problems
Interesting. It is somehow related to the imbalance of hormones. I get dizziness numbness on my face ..migranes..and it feels like there's fluid in my inner ear that's trying to balance itself out. This only happens to me when I take plan b. But they are side effects. Every woman goes through different side effects. I am generally the one that gets my nerves damaged for awhile. But I do get better. I'm a healthy 19 year old. I workout 3 times a week. I have a good diet. No family history of any disorders. Your body will eventually get its normal chemicals back kn tract. Depending on your hormonal levels and how fast your body is able to heal itself.
|

replied November 12th, 2013
pregnancy and postpartum dizziness
I too have had this dizziness and lightheadedness since i was 9 month pregnant and now my baby is 7 months old. Been to so many doctors and natural healers and nothing is working. Neurologist gave me Klonopin to take twice a day which makes be just tolerate being this way but it is just so frightening and depressing. For those of you who got blood tests for your hormones, what hormones in particular did they test for? Thanks all for sharing your story! It makes me feel less like Im going crazy on my own!

Also, for the gal who went on the birthcontrol pill, which kind did you take?
|
Tags: dizziness
Quick Reply