Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Can going hoarse and loosing your voice be related to MS?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
User Profile
When you have MS can it effect your vocal cords so you cant speak? I have a new chest cold and have a dx of MS and feel ok but have lost my voice. Can these two things be related?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Having a chest cold I'd say is the culprit for the reason you have lost your voice.

However if your chest cold clears and your voice is not any better or gets worse, a visit to your doctor should be in order.

Now with this said...MS can affect just about any part of your body...in truth there are no boundaries when it comes to MS...

Viruses / bacteria can actually makes ones MS worse or bring out new / old symptoms...even a slight fever could cause havoc.

Best wishes,

Zig
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply