Medical Questions > Relationships > Pets and Animals Forum

Can dogs get TB from humans

I have lupus and have a positive for TB. Going thru additional testing...Want to know if dogs can get tb or some related problem from exposure. Hopefully its a false positive but I'm really worried about it..thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 11th, 2009
Dogs can get TB from people. If you can, have a friend or family member take care of your dog until you're better.
|

Do you know what their symptoms would be...my dogs appear very healthy. Can they give tb to a human?
|

Fatigue, persistent cough, decrease in appetite/weight loss. I would assume they can pass it back to people, though I'm not certain. It should be easy enough to have your dogs tested. If one has it and the other tests negative, I would quarantine the sick dog immediately. Another think you could if you can't find anyone to care for your dog is contact your vets office and ask for a list of fosters.
|
Users who thank drali0nag0g0 for this post: chader04 

replied November 5th, 2009
can my dog get tb from a human.???
|

replied January 18th, 2010
Experienced User
I wouldn't send your dog to someone else without asking if they would be in jeapardy of getting it. Ask your Vet. I do hope you have a false positive. If not the two of you can recouperate together.
Best of luck,
bamm
|

replied December 12th, 2011
Experienced User
Re: Can dogs get TB from humans
dogs cannot get tb from humans

as a matter of fact dogs dont get shots for TB
|

replied April 7th, 2012
Can Dogs can get TB from Humans ?
Yes, Dogs can get TB from Humans. Here is a link that will come up if you do a search.

http://www.doggedhealth.com/diseases-a-sym ptoms/diseases-a-conditions/tuberculosis.h tml
|
Tags: tb, lupus, about lupus
Quick Reply