Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

can an elarged infected prostate block bowel movement?

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
I have a prostate infection and sometimes I'm constipated and bowel movement is very painful. Can these two be related?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper petelg
|

replied January 20th, 2010
swollen prostrate difficult bowel movement
yes it can. My son (30 yrs old) was having a problem with no bowel movement for 8 days, he was in a lot of pain. We took him to the emergency room (after using a number of laxitives because we thought he was just very constipated) and they said it was due to an enlarged prostrate. The doctor prescribed a couple of things and after a few days he was much better. He has been pain free for about 6 months now but just this past week the pain has returned. I am now researching it and am finding that sitting to much causes or aggravates the condition and collidal silver water is said to help but we haven't tried it yet.
|

replied July 19th, 2010
Hi. I've had enlarged prostate problems ever since an early age.Even at an early age I could always tell when it was getting inflamed because it would effect my bowel movements. I've read dozens of brochures and books on the subject of the prostate and constipation is never mentioned. I've mentioned it to doctors in the past but the closest thing I got to an answer was " Sure, look where it's located"..Anyway glad I heard someone bring up the matter... I'm gonna try the Collidal Silver Water...Anything else anyone would suggest , please let me know. I'd appreciate it....
|

replied March 6th, 2012
AFTER REMOVAL OF KIDNEY STONE I UNBEKNOWST TO ME I DEVELOPED AN INFECTED PROSTRATE I HAVE BEEN CONSTIPATED AND EXPERIENCE BURNING WHEN URINATING AFTER ANTIBIOTICS NOW I AM EXPERIENCING DISCOMFORT IN BOTH SIDES OF BACK ABOVE BELLY BUTTON AND STILL HVE CONSTIPATION AND BURNING. I AM AFTRAID TO EAT SOLIDS! WHAT IS WRONG? WHAT SHOULD I DO?
|

replied July 1st, 2014
I also have severly enlarged prostrate and have lots of problem with bowel movement and also the same pains in both sides of my back. My urologist gave me Finastride but is not helping.I have no idea what to do.It is a nightmare.Hope you get some help .
|

replied April 28th, 2012
i think that i might be having trouble with my prostate.i too have experience discomfort in both sides of my back and i have been on the toilet and have had too push hard and what happened next shocked me because i threw-up just sitting there.i have times where i feel like there is an extra heart in my bowels
|

replied November 20th, 2012
Prostate Problems and related issues with male body
yes the same thing is happening with me.......as per ultra sonography report i have mild prostatis ......and i have also done my semen test where i found there is an infection by virus named staphylococcus aerues.....doctor (urologist) prescribed me the medicine named leon 500 but i don't think it is helping me......so i am gonna change my doctor......my problem is after ejuction pain....after it i feel sharp pain in my prostate area......it enlarged.....and it last for at least 2 hours. my if i have to go for bowel at that moment....i can't....feels pain......for last three days i am using pain killer to reduce pain though doctor does not prescribe it.....i suggest only use pain killer when you really need it...and suggest to go to urologist......as soon as possible.....

below a link to view the enlarge prostate symptoms:

pass: iamindrajit

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2thfvHAP ZogUHFEZXpYVWZVVG8
|
Quick Reply