Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

can a pregnant girl still have periods?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
please help im 16 years old and for past months ive gotten my period like every month but last month it was a week late and this month it was 3 days late. my boyfirend thinks that im pregnant because my stomach is a bit bigger than before but i got my period can i still be pregnant? i ask this because my mom has told me that i might not be able to have children due to a surgry i had when i was like 8. please help me, what should i do? Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2009
Experienced User
the only thing anyone can tell you is to take a test when you are next due, but the chances of you being pregnant are very slim because you are still having your period. You are only young and your period will continue to change for some time yet. Stress can also affect your period, along with many other things such as diet, excercise, illnesses and medications.
|
Users who thank kerryn for this post: mz_lil_cuti3 

replied January 8th, 2009
pregnancy question
thank you for ur reply. my period has not been normal however for the past 2 months. why is that? i am starting to feel really werid like stressed and scared for no reason. and i feel my stomach getting bigger and all this feeling started like about a 2 or 3 weeks ago.my periods are not like before because i have never gotten my period late only the past 2 months why is that?
|