This thread is an invitation to all BC sisters struck with the ER+\PR+, ER+\PR-, ER-/PR+ diagnoses. Ladies, let's discuss the problematic issue of phytoestrogens and bring to the table our questions, science based findings, advice, cautions, tips etc.
- Which herbs to weed out and which herbs to take
- Xenoestrogens, which "rubber ducks"provoke or mimic estrogen in the body
- Supplements - the good and the harmful
-The good foods vs the bad foods (i.e eat soy or not eat soy)
- From "What your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer: How Hormone Balance Can Help Save Your Life" Dr. John Lee and Dr. Zava, PhD (biochemist, research scientist and internationally known speaker and leading expert in the field of hormone health) :
- For those ER+ Avoid Sunflower Seeds, Red Clover Tea, Camomille Tea, Alfalfa Sprouts, Queen Anne's lace (wild carrot), Pomegranate, Fennel, Licorice, Red Clover, Yucca, Hops (Beer) and Motherwort, Coffee and Decaffeinated Coffee,
- Avoid phytoestrogens that block and interfere with the action of Natural Progesterone: Bloodroot, Ocotillo, Mandrake, Oregano, Damiana, Pennyroyal, Verbenna, Nutmeg, Tumeric, Yucca, Thyme, Calamus, Red Clover, Goldenseal, Licorice, Mistletoe, Cumin, Fennel, Camomille, Cloves.
“We must pick out what is good for us where we can find it.
The body knows how to heal itself, all we need to do is assist it”