Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

C-section hernia

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I was diagnosed with a complete c-section herniation last fall with bowel "spilling" into the hernia. I was told to lose as much weight as I could, and then come back for a repair and a tummy tuck. Well, I go to see the surgeon for a consult this coming Wednesday. I am wondering about other ladies out there who had a c-section hernia repair. What am I in for?? My hernia is huge, apparently it tore wide open and there's lots of bowel that fell through the opening. I look horrible, like I'm about 7-8 months pregnant. I have mixed feelings... I can't wait to get the surgery done, but am pretty scared about the recovery. How long?? How painful?? I've had other surgeries before and recover generally much faster than they say, but this is a major thing! Any comments?? Good and bad, I want them all. I've got a list of questions for the doc, and any input of yours is greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 6th, 2012
I just had hernia repair and the hardest for me was the 1st 2-3 days. It will get better each day. I feel great and pain free now... It's so worth the surgery.
Good Luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?