Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

C-diss bacteria

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Have been told stepdaughter has c-diss bacteria and would like to know what causes this. She has been in hospital so much this year and had several colonostopys . We don't live close to her and her father would like to know something about this.
Thank You, egrbartlett
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2010
Experienced User
I'm thinking it might be C. diff (Clostridium difficile).
They are bacteria that are common in the soil and intestinal tract of man and animals and are frequently found in wound infections. Several are pathogenic (capable of causing disease)in man. difficile-the species of bacteria, the toxin from which causes enterocolitis(inflammation of intestines and colon). This serious condition may be so acute as to require immediate treatment of shock, regulation of electrolyte balance and antibiotics if ordered by physician. My thoughts are w/ you. Please keep us updated. Hoping that by now she has recovered. Info from Taber's Cyclopedia Medical Dictionary and my nursing experience.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
Experienced User
if she had been on antibiotics they may have killed the "good bacteria" and the "bad bacteria" may have over grown.
|
Tags: bacteria, about C
Quick Reply