Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

C5-C6 Stenosis

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I was recently diagnosed with bilaterial foraminal stenosis with large osteophytes at C5-C6. The neurosurgeon suggested I try cervical traction for 1 month. I honestly cannot figure out what this will do. I got the impression that he was extremely busy and simply trying to buy some time before he tell me that I need surgery. Does this approach sound correct?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2009
Supporter
They want to see if the traction will help relieve any of your pain..I still had to have the surgery..You are right though surgeons in genral do tend to be always busy and abrupt but think this is just their nature and not directed at you..They do need to go back sometimes and have patient relation classes..
|
Did you find this post helpful?