Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

C-4 & C-5 Bulging discs

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
Hello. I am a 45 yr. old woman and a complete mess. Several yrs. ago, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which I cope with on a daily basis. 3 yrs. ago, due to neck and shoulder pain, accompanied by headaches (base of skull, radiating up and through to my eyebrows), an MRI showed bulging C-4 and C-5 discs, Arthritis and Tendonitis in my left shoulder. A car accident on my 20th birthday produced what was refered to as a 'Modified Whiplash'. About 3 mo. ago, the pain in my shoulder and neck went from bad to excruciating. Sharp pains in/around the Rotator Cuff, and bad aches radiating through my collarbone, below shoulderblade and down my arm to wrist. I can no longer lift my arm. Any backward movement of my arm, such as pulling up/down my pants to use the bathroom for example, is instantly agonizing. The headaches have gotten worse also, with slight swelling of my neck muscles. I have been getting injections in my shoulder every couple mo. for about a yr. but have stopped because they no longer seem to provide any relief. I am on Celebrex and Oxycodone which help with the daily joint pain elsewhere. I also have a bad disc in my back and the daily stresses of the Fibromyalgia pale in comparison! My Dr. sugested ice packs, but because of heightened skin sensitivity I cannot tolerate cold. I feel like such a baby. I cry on a daily basis and am extremely depressed. I cannot even enjoy my beautiful Grandchildren, I can't pick them up and must be extremely careful of any jarring of my arm. Is it possible that one of the discs in my neck has ruptured? I know several people that have had surgery for ruptured discs and it did no good. I cannot see anyone else or have another MRI or any other tests until my Medicare kicks in, which will be a few more mo. I am on Disability and cannot afford any out-of-pocket medical expenses. Please, can anyone help? Advice, anything?! Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Headaches, skin
Quick Reply