Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Buzzing feeling in head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
For the last number of weeks I have had a buzzing, whining feeling in my head (not like ringing in the ears, although I've had that a little, too). It is the worst when everything is quiet and I try to sleep for the night. I also feel a little dizzy and I've been having constant headaches, which are the worst when I try to sleep. My doctor doesn't know what's causing it but doesn't seem too concerned. I'm going for day surgery in a few days for an unrelated issue and hope this won't be a problem with it. Does anybody know what can cause my head to feel so strange? Also in the last week I have been getting these sensations moving across my forehead/eyes, and lately across my nose, too, almost like pain & nausea in my face. I know that sounds strange, but does anybody have any idea why this is happening?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper smacky
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Constant headaches, feeling dizzy, feeling wrong, different or strange, ear ringing, head noises, difficulty falling asleep, odd pressure and pain in head, neck and face, are some of the anxiety symptoms.
Also, it will be a good idea to get checked for your blood pressure.
Although, asymptomatic, still, in some people increased blood pressure can cause ear ringing, weird feeling in head, headaches, spells of dizziness, sleeping problems.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied October 30th, 2009
Experienced User
Well, I do struggle with anxiety, but I have been feeling this way constantly whether I'm anxious or not, and all the years I've had anxiety problems, I've never experienced these symptoms. So I don't think that's it, but will keep it in mind.

When I listed the symptoms to my doctor, she checked my blood pressure and it was a little high. But when I had it checked a few days later by a nurse, it was fine. So I'm not sure about that one, since I'm young & not overweight, but my doctor says she will follow up on it after my upcoming surgery (unrelated).

Thanks!!
|

replied July 6th, 2012
buzzing in head
Hi Smacky, did this problem ever resolve? Did you find the cause? I have the same issues - Please call or send me a text if you could - thank you

AFD 310-717-6932
|

replied January 5th, 2010
buzzing headache-what is causing this?
i have been having the same type of buzzing in my head for a while and im wondering if its an allergy to something or due to maybe a medicine although im not taking any thing anymore. for a while i used to think it was due to caffeine but ive cut that out and still have it. any ideas? its definately a headache but not a sharp pain just a constant buzzy-feeling its pretty awful.
|

replied May 19th, 2010
buzzing head
I have the same problems, often the buzzing happens when I'm trying to fall asleep, and other times if I think about it I can feel it through the day. It started with me feeling lightheaded alot throughout the day. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, but wish my medication took these feelings away.
|

replied November 8th, 2010
buzzing in head, tinnitus, lack of coordination, fatigue
I had full ear, lots of anxiety, tinnitus, ringing & hissing in one ear (sounds louder at night) bit of distractedness like confusion/forgetfulness, buzzing & dizziness getting worse over period of months. Dr. used MRI and found small benign tumor sitting on two cranial nerves. It's small, but each time it grows a little all the problems get much worse. Had one proton radio-surgery and helped some. Probably will have another or real head-cutting surgery. Worried if it gets worse I might lose job.
|

replied October 2nd, 2013
Buzzing an pressure on Forehead and top of Head
I get this feeling as well massive pressure on my forehead and on top of my head buzzing and toggling but it started 6 months ago after I suddenly stopped klonipin for anxiety ( it's a benzo like Xanax)
|