Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Butt Shocks

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I know it sounds weird...
but only very few people know what i mean when i say it.

its a very intense shocking pain directly in the butt. They come randomly, often in the morning. but the pain is so bad you lose control of your body for a split second. it's awful. Shocked

anyone know what it is or have anything you wanna say about it at all... GO FOR IT.

Cool
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Does it feel like spasms?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2008
Experienced User
no..
it really feels like... not spasms. maybe a really sharp knife instantly being shoved up there. its like usually only a 2 second lasting thing. but once you get one through the day you know you can expect atleast one more... err terrifying
|

replied May 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'm not sure if this is what you are experiencing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proctalgia_fu gax

I've heard of this pain happening to people and some women describe it as a contraction.
|

replied May 19th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I've had something similar but in my leg. It feels like an electrical shock, only lasts for a second and then gone. I think that it has something to do with the medication I'm on, AdderallXR, or it could be a pinched nerve?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2008
Experienced User
Proctalgia fugax is exactly what i have! i think. it sounds right.

thanks for the help. ill show it to my friends so they also know. but one thing. i've never noticed a sexual connection to it. and it says i should. but thats just theory it seems.

ahh and i dont take aderal. or any pills so no thats not it. but im sorry about your leg spasms Confused
|

replied May 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
lele25 wrote:
I've had something similar but in my leg. It feels like an electrical shock, only lasts for a second and then gone. I think that it has something to do with the medication I'm on, AdderallXR, or it could be a pinched nerve?

Do you have sciatica nerve problems?
|

replied May 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
PlacidIntricacy wrote:
Proctalgia fugax is exactly what i have! i think. it sounds right.

thanks for the help. ill show it to my friends so they also know. but one thing. i've never noticed a sexual connection to it. and it says i should. but thats just theory it seems.

ahh and i dont take aderal. or any pills so no thats not it. but im sorry about your leg spasms Confused

You're Welcome....Glad to help and give you an answer... Smile
Take care.. Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2008
Experienced User
:D
will do bubbo!

... i mean Serenity!
|

replied May 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
is it like a charlie horse? in your butt? god those are AWFUL..i get them in my legs sometimes..i was told it was due to dehydration and if you stay hydrated and drink plenty of water its less likely to happen...........i dunno.?
|

replied May 20th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
^Serenity^ wrote:
lele25 wrote:

Do you have sciatica nerve problems?

Honestly I don't know. It only happens about once a week and when I described it to my MD he said that it more than likely had to do with Adderall. I've always wondered if it had to do with a sports injury.....I have played tennis my whole life and in my junior year of college, 4 years ago, I had a really bad fall and had to have surgery. I predominately feel the shocks in that leg, but I have also felt them in my arm so it could be completely unrelated??? Confused
|

replied May 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like a nerve problem, some medications can do weird things tot he body also.
Did your doctor try taking you off the medication for a while to see if your symptoms improve?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
worrywart01 wrote:
is it like a charlie horse? in your butt? god those are AWFUL..i get them in my legs sometimes..i was told it was due to dehydration and if you stay hydrated and drink plenty of water its less likely to happen...........i dunno.?

haha no it's worse than a charlie horse. the only pain i can relate it to is being stabed.. think of any time you ever poked yourself with a needle or got stung by a bee. then pretend that needle or stinger is the size of a hot dog. then shove it up there. that is exactly what it feels like. it's TERRIBLE! stretch OW
|

replied May 22nd, 2008
Dude ok so this is weird and I dunno when you posted this but I know EXACTLY what your talking about, I have the same thing, and the only way to describe it is like a stabbing pain and you lose control of your body for a split second YES i have that and Every time I've told someone they look at me like I'm weird but wow Yah I know what your talking about, I dont get it every day tho... eh it is terrible tho... lol. I dunno what causes it.. but YIKES i do agree it hurts... lol.
|
Users who thank miranda33 for this post: PlacidIntricacy 

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
hahaha
thanks miranda! but yeah people aren't supposed to get them everyday. According to the wikipedia definition of it which ^serenity^ pointed out to me, people who get them only get them about 6 times a year... on average. Smile THANK GOD!
|

replied February 19th, 2009
Suffers from these Butt shocks too
So happy to hear others have the same problem. (would not wish these on anyone) I also get these awful shocks in my butt. Anyone I've told has no answers and usually smiles not knowing how bad they are. I also get them in the morning and sometimes afternoon, seems like I get them more when sitting or bending, not sure why? They come every few months. It's true that if you get one in the morning you know you'll most likely get another in the day and then not for another month or two. I was afraid it was something more seriouse so I'm so happy to have found you. Thanks all
|

replied April 11th, 2010
i have a pain in my left butt cheek its not constant but it happens on a daily basis. It doesnt matter if im sitting, standing, or laying down. its a stabbing pain that can be so bad it can bring me to tears or just mild and annoying..i never know what to brace for. It feels as if the muscule is contracting over and over almost like a fist opening and closing. does anyone know what it is or have the same issue.
|

replied May 4th, 2010
Butt Shock
I have the same thing happening to me!!!! I dont know what to do about it!
|

replied September 18th, 2011
I get this shock as well too. I sometimes get it in the morning and when I get it, I get sort of paralyze for 2 seconds and I can't control my body and legs. Sometimes I just drop to my knees because it's so painful and wait till it goes away.

I've noticed this happens when right before I need to defecate. I feel like it's my body warning me that you need to take a dump soon and it's going to be a big and painful one. I usually have to release my feces anywhere between 10 minutes to 45 minutes after this shock.
|
Quick Reply